Reverb Pulg-ins

I was wondering what options everyone used for reverb. I write acoustic music with vsts, predominately orchestral so I was looking into ewql spaces to start with. But my fear is that it's not versatile/reliable beyond the "big hollywood" sound, I'm also (slowly) expanding to other acoustic genres (big band/jazz) and might even be using live instruments sometime in the future. Give my direction what kinds of reverbs should I look into?

I was wondering what options everyone used for reverb. I write acoustic music with vsts, predominately orchestral so I was looking into ewql spaces to start with. But my fear is that it's not versatile/reliable beyond the "big hollywood" sound, I'm also (slowly) expanding to other acoustic genres (big band/jazz) and might even be using live instruments sometime in the future. Give my direction what kinds of reverbs should I look into?

There's no one-stop reverb plug-in, in my opinion.

With that said, QL Spaces is a really great plain reverb. It has some of the best impulses I've ever heard, and their True Stereo impulses are really deep sounding without being too colorful or washy.

I use it all the time--orchestra, jazz, pop, rock, whatever.

I'm currently using BREVERB 2 and Reverberate. BREVERB 2 is algorithmic and extremely lightweight (I can put individual instances of it on each of 30+ tracks without performance problems), and I like using it to add some character to sounds -- I've found it to be very good for subtle thickening, but I haven't been wild about how it sounds as a general hall reverb for orchestral stuff. For general hall reverb and early reflections, I use Reverberate, which is convolution. I've used Reflektor, too (also convolution), but it's not very tweakable. I prefer Reverberate.

It's definitely not a bad idea to have more than a couple of reverbs in your arsenal. Being a Logic Pro user, I still used the silver verb and the Space Designer (Impulse responses, and you can make your own IR's too).

I also own Lexicon Reverb which is my main reverb because it allows me a variety of spaces including rooms, halls, chambers, and plates. Not all music will benefit from the same reverb, so play around and try getting some demo versions if they're available and use your ears! They will tell you what works best for each situation :)