Dragon's Crown

Flash Strife

So this came out today, anyone else getting it? Been waiting for this game myself since it was announced back in 2011. In case anyone doesn't know the game is a action beat-em up rpg with online co-op for up to 4 players (or you can use AI companions/PSN friends ghost AI characters) with Vanillaware's high quality 2D artwork for the PS3 and Vita. Game has 6 different characters, each with their own fighting style and skills/equipment, a deep loot system and it has a 15-20 hour long story campaign with multiple difficulty levels. If anyone is interested in going co-op, hit me up on PSN at Flash_Strife. Gonna pick this up in a bit so hope to see some OCR peeps there.

Hmmm at first glance it seems a bit too arcade-y for my liking, but it still looks pretty cool. I was really into these classic side-scrolling action beat-em-up games as a kid, like ninja turtles or venom vs carnage.

I don't own a PS Vita but have thought about it for a while now... I guess I just need to find someone who owns both so I can give it a try :P

It is a very pretty game. The artwork is gorgeous. Gameplay is pretty brutal. Regular enemies are brianless and dont pose much of a threat whereas Boss monsters beat the snot out of you, if you are at least a Sorceress.

Sounds like every other beat-em-up kinda game I've played. As long as the bosses are hard and I have something to do for a good 20 hours I'm sold.

Just unlocked online co-op. Damn does the game get hard once you do, actually had to continue for the first time, and ended up doing it twice on the same stage. Ended up losing money in a stage for the first time as a result. AI is brain dead most of the time too. Sure would be great to get some PS3 co-op help...

We played this a bit over the Otakon weekend; 4 player madness with DJP flailing wildly was entertaining. Shariq was very patient with everyone who basically had no idea what was going on the entire time (seemingly on purpose). Overall it was pretty cool, definitely hope this style of beat-em-up stays alive, it's pretty fun. :-)

Yep, it was fun 4 player BUT I will say that it helps if people play the game themselves a bit first. There was so much stuff I didn't realize playing 4 player. For some reason, there's essentially only one person 'in control' at any time. Unlike some other beat-em-up style games, where people get splitscreens when managing inventory etc,. only one person can do that at a time. So if you want to change your gear or skills, you have to cycle through all 4 people. Kind of a pain and I hope they patch that. Once you play it single player you realize there's a ton of depth.

You have to unlock it?! :cry:

Trust me, you'll be better off playing it enough to unlock online co-op. Fights can get chaotic at times with all the stuff that goes on onscreen that you can sometimes lose track of what you're doing. Playing it a while helps to make it easier to avoid that situation.