Video Game Rap Songs

I've been saying that I want to practice my raps and show people what my style is like and now I've finally stopped doubting myself and I'm just going for it now. You guys will hear my first fruits from that seed soon. For now, I just want to know what videogame rap you guys like.

I recently found a couple that I like another one that I thought was. . . well, hilarious. So please post some awesome VGM rap songs. Here are mine:

Richie Branson - Bring Back Chrono

Richie Branson - Otaku Tuesdays

(I freaking LOVE this!)

Smosh - The Legend of Zelda Rap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy4Y6kb4u_Q (The video is impressive!)

The Infinite Source - Final Fantasy VII Epic Rap

(This is hilariously bad XD)

Oh yeah. I forgot about that guy mentioning Xenogears. Props to that guy!

I know these are just the first 4 replies but I totally expected people to have all these links that I would click and find out are huge YouTube personalities that everybody knows and loves. I'm not disappointed, just surprised. ^_^

Of course there are Mega Ran and Duane & Brando. Those guys are talented too but I prefer the ones I posted in the first post. I guess Mega Ran is the most famous video game rapper. . . ?

Oh, cool. I'll check out Metaphist. Thanks!

That Charles Hamilton song was pretty cool. I guess as far as games are concerned that's the only one he does, though. I didn't hear any raps in either of the remixes by Metaphist, though.

G-Mixer, that sounds like fun. The most important thing for me would be to be able to hear the song and know what section I would be rapping over. If you're interested let me know. And don't worry if I do a track for you and you don't like it. You can just let me know or, even better, give me details on what kind of feeling you want.

yeeeah, Charles kind of dropped the ball for a few years due to falling out with his label mates or something (I never looked into the details because he's not one of top favorites to follow), but he used to OBSESSIVELY allude to Sonic in his earlier raps. November 10th is just one of the most [in]famous ones, but I liked him overall in his heyday.

And I'm talking to Meta a bit through emails right now about a bunch of things and to see if he's cool with it, but what I meant is that he recently came out with a siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick vgm rap album, and I keep hounding him that if he doesn't do so then I'll gladly make a thread for him here in the community to promote it because it is intense. I mean like, not a few songs in it starts getting good; no, from the first track you can tell this guy's about to throw it down.

[/fanwank]

he recently came out with a siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick vgm rap album

it came out yesterday? oh wow. Downloading it now

I have a couple Sonic raps that are halfway decent -

https://soundcloud.com/kingtiger/xtralife-ruined-puppet-feat

https://soundcloud.com/kingtiger/night-terrors

They're from last year and I'd like to believe I've gotten better but I haven't recorded any new raps to prove it oh except for that Main Finger track I did guest vocals for on the Sonic CD album which isn't out yet so nevermind anyway /breath

OK. I found the Metaphis album. Very good!

KingTiger. Keep at it. They're pretty good but I feel like you should do what I do which is intentionally change your voice when you sing. When I rap in my regular voice I sound totally stupid. It makes things hard because then I have a harder time concentrating on the "flow". But if I don't I can't BEAR to listen to myself. Hahaha.

I JUST finished recording the vocals for my first VGM rap song. It's an Alundra one and I'm quite happy about how it sounds. Now I need to do a good job with the mixing.

yeeeah, Charles kind of dropped the ball for a few years due to falling out with his label mates or something (I never looked into the details because he's not one of top favorites to follow), but he used to OBSESSIVELY allude to Sonic in his earlier raps. November 10th is just one of the most [in]famous ones, but I liked him overall in his heyday.

And I'm talking to Meta a bit through emails right now about a bunch of things and to see if he's cool with it, but what I meant is that he recently came out with a siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick vgm rap album, and I keep hounding him that if he doesn't do so then I'll gladly make a thread for him here in the community to promote it because it is intense. I mean like, not a few songs in it starts getting good; no, from the first track you can tell this guy's about to throw it down.

[/fanwank]

I'm really interested, you know where I can get Metaphist's album?

Yeah, meta's opting not to talk about it a lot right now because he's waiting for a certain remix submission to drop first before he highlights his music, so I can dig and respect that (I'm doing the same thing with my original music as well, so I see where he's coming from). Til then, there's that Angrysons link Zoltan posted, and his sig goes to it as well.

But, trying to contain myself from fanwanking too hard, you ladies and gents seriously need to check that AngrySons album out (it's a duo consisting of Meta and his friend Psychosis Abstrakt). I appreciate and can usually dig all forms of music, but with hip hop especially I am very particular about what I truthfully respect. Besides Kid Cudi's "Indicud," this year was incrrrredibly boring for me as a hip hop fan because nothing really raised my eyebrows or had me banging my head outside of some of my favorite internet beatsmiths (Ruku, Raisi, P.sus ,etc.), but this album came out of nowhere and reeeally surprised me from the first few seconds in.

If you like aggressively witty, gloves-off hip hop that features tons of slick nerdcore allusions, then I strongly recommend giving the AngrySons debut a quick listen. I told meta that I've had Chrome Skeleton on repeat since my first listen of the album, and I'm actually having a hard time deciding what price to name because this shizzz is ridiculous.

but again, that's just my opinion, and I know it probably won't be everybody's cup of tea. :razz:

lucio's super dope too. I think Megaran goes without saying.

you mention vg hip hop and Megaran had better already be on everybody's mind. :<

richie branson is emetophobia ill !

Oh man, talk about old school nostalgia, Zyko! That certain Asterix remix is still one of my top ten favorite OCR remixes of all time. ALL TIME, son!

It's just a title, so don't freak out when I say it guys. But I love Niggaz 4 Life! I forgot that Zyko had wrote that. Great song!

By the way if you guys are interested in hearing my first draft of my first rap song there's a thready thread for it.

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44617

Special thanks to Damashii!! for his awesome advice.

Can't believe you guys start off by mentioning Richie Branson and not posting this song; which is essentially a bit of sour-sugar happiness childhood gaming nostalgia that's given sound.

Richie Branson ft. Random (Mega Ran) - #SuperNintendoSegaGenesis