OCR01463 - Grandia II "A Deus ex Harpa (Second Seal Mix)"

djpretzel

• 6 months later...

Great intro- I love the bassoon sound for melodies, and when the oboe comes in later, it works equally well. The flow on this one is perfect, and the song seems a lot shorter than it really is; excellent transitions and texture changes. The synths that subtly color some passages are perfectly chosen.

This is probably the best DS mix i've heard. Awesome stuff.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The other week, while I was driving home after a long day of work, I had a sequence of notes playing in my head and knew there was a track that I wanted to hear. A beautiful, moving piece of music that would help me forget my troubles. But I couldn't place what it was or mentally finish the tune myself. When I got home, I searched my player for it. To my discredit, it was amongst music I hadn't listened to for many months but, once I played it, I immediately and completely knew why I had to hear it again.

I've been mostly absent for quite a while, but some of what I've found here seems to stay with me.

Sorry for short-shrifting you, Darke. This has been at the top of my to-review list since I first heard it, and I'm hardly giving it the descriptors it deserves. I suppose I'm not much of a reviewer anymore... not that I was ever one to begin with. But I wanted to let you know that I agree. Well, that is, there are things you have done since that I haven't yet heard. However, freezing time from back then until now, this is your best work on ocr, and it's absolutely stunning.

Thank you for making it.

• 4 years later...

Actually prefer the original's more solemn tone.. (not a big fan of that scratchy back beat in the Seal remix) just wish it was as clear..

Guess I'll just have to accept what I've got.. FWIW  A Deus Ex Harpa is as good as any of the songs I have from the original OSTs.

Such an incredible piece, my wish would be to have a five minute updated version of the original in FLAC, I love it so much.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01463 - Grandia II "A Deus ex Harpa (Second Seal Mix)"