OCR02717 - Final Fantasy VI "Trauermarsch"

Liontamer

I am really impressed that this mix "went for it", so to speak - the source is already pretty epic, and to see someone not shy away from that, but embrace it, and really deliver on an overall huge performance is really impressive. This is one of those mixes that deserves to be listened to on the same grand scale it was conceived. Some of the work (like 2:05-2:30) really catches the ear with original and unique takes on the main source.

I think the best thing I can say is that the whole piece truly reminds me of the infamous "Magician's Apprentice" section of Fantasia - the music is a whole story in itself! Well done!!

I think the best thing I can say is that the whole piece truly reminds me of the infamous "Magician's Apprentice" section of Fantasia - the music is a whole story in itself!

That is really the best way to say it. Twelve and a half minutes of an epic story played out with a variety of instruments, tones and moods all combined. The fact that you were able to keep up the momentium and quality of the ReMix for so long is just utterly fantastic. A nice classical orchestral ReMix and certainly a keeper. Gotta hand it to that second section, that one had to be my favorite out of the entire thing. Damn good ReMix.

This is easily one of my favorite orchestral pieces on OCR. I aspire to be able to arrange like Derek. He is an exceptional musician who obviously pours a lot of heart into his music. In my first couple of listens to this in the car, I literally shouted "YEEESSS!" at a couple of parts that made my skin prickle.

Damn, this is just so good.

I just wanted to say how impressed I am with this piece. I don't logon to OCR much anymore but I was always a fan of Derek and Jeremy's pieces. I want to also shout out to all the remixers involved in the project, as a whole it is a true work of art. I particularly loved Trauermarsch though as I'm a huge fan of Mahler :)

Bravo Derek and Jeremy!!

Laura

I just wanted to say how impressed I am with this piece. I don't logon to OCR much anymore but I was always a fan of Derek and Jeremy's pieces. I want to also shout out to all the remixers involved in the project, as a whole it is a true work of art. I particularly loved Trauermarsch though as I'm a huge fan of Mahler :)

Bravo Derek and Jeremy!!

Laura

Wow, Laura, I haven't heard from you in years! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our work. I hope life is treating you well!!

-Derek-

• 6 months later...

Did I only comment on this in the album review thread? Because this is a wonderful piece! Epic for the endgame.

From 11 to end is especially inspiring. Shivers. ^__^ My only complaint is that it feels too short. XD I want it to keep going on. :D

Edited by swansdown

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02717 - Final Fantasy VI "Trauermarsch"