OCR02718 - Final Fantasy VI "The 6th Kingdom"

Liontamer

As a lover of Terra's theme, and its emotional depth, I didn't think a dubstep/pounding/butt-kicking take on Terra's theme could be done. Holy crap, I was wrong. Stop what you're doing, turn up the volume, AND ROCK THE CLUCK OUT.

One of the more bizarre takes of a source material I've seen - and one of the best.

Holy shit, man! Never imagined Terra with a tough-as-nails metal dub-dance arrangement backed by ethnic instruments, but I'll be damn if it isn't here! I caught the midway battle and I kinda like DJP's choice of words by saying it's like a theme for a 21st century samurai. I almost went insane for the section right around 3:30. One of my favorite takes on Terra thus far for sure.

• 1 year later...

It's always been a surprise for me, why some awesome tracks as this one has so few comments. Oh, well... Anyway, this site opened a whole world of VGM to me. So, this was the first Terra mix I'd ever heard, and it still is my favorite. The combination of styles itself seems so weird... The rock-dance-orchestral-asian-flavored mix with bits of hip-hop. Who'd have thought?! But this is just mind-blowing. The energitic flow here is super strong. Awesome work.

• 11 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02718 - Final Fantasy VI "The 6th Kingdom"