Streets of Rage ReMix Album (Part 1/3) - Next check-in: May 31st - Four sources open!

DusK

Reiterating what everybody else said... ANOTHER album?

You da man, man. :nicework:

I like this concept very much, spanning out over three years and focusing on stages with this. Very nice approach.

I'm not interested in committing to a full track for this first album since I want to focus on other things this year, but I'd like to make myself available to anybody for horn/brass hits, funk guitar and/or vocal one shots, and anything else in the field of funk "garnish" or "sprinkles" to add to your arrangements, if needed at all. (I don't just do funk, of course. Just saying that I can help with in-your-face horn parts in general)

looks like you've got a solid team so far, so good luck to everybody. BE AGGRES---er. INDUCE RAGE! :roll:

Opening goes to Xarnax42.

I throw down for 1 - the Street of Rage, and would also like to volunteer as a quality evaluator, and to make the OCR template website.

Edit;; if Xarnax has 1, could do Last Soul?

Muchos gracias.

Tracklist is fillin' up nice and fast. I like. Remember, guys, bonus tracks open up if we get every source covered, so if someone snatched up a source you wanted to do, keep an eye on the thread anyway.

I'm not interested in committing to a full track for this first album since I want to focus on other things this year, but I'd like to make myself available to anybody for horn/brass hits, funk guitar and/or vocal one shots
....hmm.

Hold that thought, mayn. I might just call you up on that. Me and halc are working on that Player Select tune but if you're really honestly open to the idea of contributing i might just have a word with Mr. hal to the c about getting you on for a part on our remix.

Lol, you're busy as hell man, i don't know how you keep up with everything. Jaaaizus! XD

At last!! SOR project!

I'd say i wanna participate.. But I'm kinda confused with direction.

Should my mix "sounds" like 80-90s or should it.. I mean its a free-genre project or what? :tomatoface:

.. Dusk you probably heard two of my BA2 tracks.. Something "alike" is NOT acceptable?

Thanks!

Your track should be a fusion of your own personal style, as well as a genre that was known to some fairly decent degree in the 90s. If you're looking for examples, that Wikipedia article in the OP has a lot of 'em.

I feel like you could get a sort of Spineshank vibe going, which could be pretty cool. The 90s were a pretty big, diverse period in music, a lot of which hasn't really changed very much, so there's a lot of room to work with.

Edited by DusK

Reiterating what everybody else said... ANOTHER album?

You da man, man. :nicework:

I like this concept very much, spanning out over three years and focusing on stages with this. Very nice approach.

I'm not interested in committing to a full track for this first album since I want to focus on other things this year, but I'd like to make myself available to anybody for horn/brass hits, funk guitar and/or vocal one shots, and anything else in the field of funk "garnish" or "sprinkles" to add to your arrangements, if needed at all. (I don't just do funk, of course. Just saying that I can help with in-your-face horn parts in general)

looks like you've got a solid team so far, so good luck to everybody. BE AGGRES---er. INDUCE RAGE! :roll:

Not sure what direction I'm taking for my track yet, but if I decide on something funky I may have to take you up on those offers! We shall see.

I'm personally surprised no one has picked up Fighting in the Streets yet, its my favourite :P But hell yeah this is filling out nicely. Muchos excite!

Just throwing this out there: If someone could go all-out Michael Jackson on one of these albums, that would be freakin' amazing.
You knooow ...i was going to drop that suggestion in here. Someone bring a MJ vibe to a track, something in his style of music. Michael Jacksons 'Dangerous' album is full of tracks from that 90's era (and also my favourite album of his, i grew up with that CD on repeat, lol). Good call. I wonder if that's what someone could do with 'Fighting in the Street'? Get someone to Jackson it up! XD

Also, DusK dude. Have you got an artist in mind for this? I'm pretty connected with the Sonic/SEGA fan communities, there's loads of artists down there who i could get in touch with, i headhunted the Sonic CD: Temporal Duality artist for example.

Anyways, the offer is there if you need an artist located, i'm all up for some headhunting for ya, dude. Just holla! :)

You knooow ...i was going to drop that suggestion in here. Someone bring a MJ vibe to a track, something in his style of music. Michael Jacksons 'Dangerous' album is full of tracks from that 90's era (and also my favourite album of his, i grew up with that CD on repeat, lol). Good call. I wonder if that's what someone could do with 'Fighting in the Street'? Get someone to Jackson it up! XD

Also, DusK dude. Have you got an artist in mind for this? I'm pretty connected with the Sonic/SEGA fan communities, there's loads of artists down there who i could get in touch with, i headhunted the Sonic CD: Temporal Duality artist for example.

Anyways, the offer is there if you need an artist located, i'm all up for some headhunting for ya, dude. Just holla! :)

If you know any artists, definitely swing em my way. I don't have any in mind, and I'm keeping my options for art direction pretty open. There are two styles that I'd definitely prefer above all others, though:

If someone could do the art in a style reminiscent of U.S. game box art from the 90s, that would be my first pick.

I'm also down with someone doing something in a retro anime style, like Fist of the North Star.

Basically, I really want the art to scream "90s entertainment".

However, I'd like to stay away from sprites with this one (sorry, TC, still heart ya tho!).

EDIT: "Saturday morning cartoon" could work really well, too. Think Hanna-Barbera action shows (like Johnny Quest), or something like G.I. Joe or ThunderCats.

Edited by DusK

Just throwing this out there: If someone could go all-out Michael Jackson on one of these albums, that would be freakin' amazing.

aaaaaand now I'm sold. Haven't even talked to this dude about it at all yet since we need to catch up with other projects, but I'm already going to throw it out there that G-Mixer and I will do something.

Put us down for Violent Breathing. I didn't want to commit to a full track since I'm up to my neck with some music of my own that needs to get out, but if you want Michael Jackson.... believe me, son, I ain't bragging, but WE WILL BRING DAT MJ SPIRIT!

EDIT: also... it was a good learning experience, but I feel like 'Smooth as Honey' is horribly cheesy and gimmicky. We will NOT be making something like that. Don't worry, when we need to be serious and throw it down, G-Mixer and I don't even play around. And at the very least, vocal-wise we'll be just fine, so I'll check out Jason's mix to see if we'll make it a trio or keep it as a duo collab.

Edited by Damashii!!
shamone. dawggonit, Annie.

Put us down for Violent Breathing. I didn't want to commit to a full track since I'm up to my neck with some music of my own that needs to get out, but if you want Michael Jackson.... believe me, son, I ain't bragging, but WE WILL BRING DAT MJ SPIRIT!
Oh, Violent Breathing? Like, one of my favourite tunes from SoR?

Oh, doing the remix in an MJ style? Like, one of my favourite musicians of all time?

Oh, from Damashii!!? Like, my trusted homie and comrade?

Shit, DusK. You just caught yourself one legendary Streets of Rage album.

I am so fucking happy. I'll go cry some place.

3553642962_happy_tears_16772_answer_8_xlarge.jpeg

aaaaaand now I'm sold. Haven't even talked to this dude about it at all yet since we need to catch up with other projects, but I'm already going to throw it out there that G-Mixer and I will do something.

EDIT: also... it was a good learning experience, but I feel like 'Smooth as Honey' is horribly cheesy and gimmicky. We will NOT be making something like that. Don't worry, when we need to be serious and throw it down, G-Mixer and I don't even play around. And at the very least, vocal-wise we'll be just fine, so I'll check out Jason's mix to see if we'll make it a trio or keep it as a duo collab.

great thanks

now I have to do this

and they said MJ

so now I'm forced to do this

;)

My friend literaly just brought this to my attention and though i lack musical skills i make up for it with enthusiasm :D

you guys get the ball rolling on this and i will do my very best to spread the word to the sega fanbase getting a decent audience for this album.

Good luck to you all, the artist tracklist looks awesome but we need more to fill in those missing song :/

I've got this 90s boy-band-esque sound in my head that wont quit...
Lol, BackStreet Boys it up, man! XD

I'm actually really all for that idea, the 1990's after all were really huge on the whole BoyBand/GirlBand thing! And dare i admit it, but at least they had some personality back then. Pop groups these days are just ...muuuurrrr!

Are you looking at Fighting in the Street or Stealthy Steps? And would it be a love ballad or something with a bit more oomf like BackStreets Back (ALRIIIIGHT!) ?

If you get the right vocalists on then that's going to be a fantastic remix! DO IIIIT!