Streets of Rage ReMix Album (Part 1/3) - Next check-in: May 31st - Four sources open!

DusK

Lol, BackStreet Boys it up, man! XD

I'm actually really all for that idea, the 1990's after all were really huge on the whole BoyBand/GirlBand thing! And dare i admit it, but at least they had some personality back then. Pop groups these days are just ...muuuurrrr!

Are you looking at Fighting in the Street or Stealthy Steps? And would it be a love ballad or something with a bit more oomf like BackStreets Back (ALRIIIIGHT!) ?

If you get the right vocalists on then that's going to be a fantastic remix! DO IIIIT!

Haha, yeah I'll still listen to some 90s Backstreet Boys from time to time. Fighting in the Streets is my favourite song on the OST, but I've already remixed it and subbed it to the site so I'm trying a different one. I had the idea for Moon Beach, the lyrics would probably be love-ish, but still with some kinda funky beats. I dunno yet, haha. I'll let some ideas congeal in my mind. :P It may not work out but its at least a consideration of mine.

I had the idea for Moon Beach, the lyrics would probably be love-ish, but still with some kinda funky beats. I dunno yet, haha. I'll let some ideas congeal in my mind.
...*doink* I totally forgot you had claimed Moon Beach already. Dude, Moon Beach is another major favourite of mine. If you figure out how to get that to sound like a 1990's boy group track i will absolutely lose my shit, man! XD

Good luck with that idea, i really hope to see it come to fruition somehow.

On an unrelated side note, Reggae was also a huge genre in the charts during the 1990's ....anyone reckon we can get Reggae in here somehow? I can see Stealthy Steps going down that route, if anything else left on that list is anything to go by. Anybody wanna see a bit of 1990's mainstream

? :D

push it push it some moooore~♪♫

Edited by DiGi Valentine

Ayy, I was going to pm you DusK, but I think it'll be fine if I just go ahead and ask everybody publicly (especially in case somebody is eyeing one of these other sources).

After this I'll stop being wibbly-wobbly with choices.

Since we're going for a straight-up legit late 80s/early 90s MJ approach, do you guys think G-Mixer and I should stick with "Violent Breathing" or instead go for "Fighting in the Street?" Either way, we're going for a "Bad" kind of vibe, but listening back I feel like VBreathing would be a more sensual, mellow MJ song whereas FiTS would translate naturally to that Bad/Dangerous kind of sound.

And, no, I'm personally not interested in just claiming both sources because 1) I just pulled G-Mixer out of the blue so out of respect I'm not going to pull him out of the blue twice ^_^, 2) I know several of you around here love SoR 10 zillion times more than myself so I'm not going to steal somebody else's spot if they've been waiting for this shiz to happen forever, and 3) with the theme of the 90s(/late 80s) I am very much excited in hearing all the many different classic sounds from that era, and not just MJ; ergo, please tell me there's going to be an epic boy-band collab on one of these tracks. :<

Wait, no, forget what i said before about me being happy that you and the G-boy claimed Violent Breathing. Forget that shit! Get your ass off that claim and get it on Fighting in the Street! DO IT NOW!! For what you probably have in mind, Fighting in the Street will be a better source, i can practically hear you guys now on a remix of that now. I'm seeing the future and everything, it's beautiful.

DusK, give it to them, man! XD

...might try and find someone to Reggae up Violent Breathing >.> ...mebbe.

Wickeeeed!

In somewhat related news, DusK. I might have found our artist. Just waiting for him to get a mock sketch mimicing the style you requested (old skool box-art). Once i have that, i'll be in touch to show you what he cooked up and we can go from there.

I'd definitely like to see what he's capable of before I lock anything in. It's really early, so I'd like to look around and compare with some of the other artists that have been recommended.

I'd definitely like to see what he's capable of before I lock anything in. It's really early, so I'd like to look around and compare with some of the other artists that have been recommended.
No problem at all, i figured that would have been the general idea anyway though i wasn't sure if any other artists had approached or been referred to you at all yet. But yeah, man. That's all good! :)

A little note about source opening: That won't actually happen until all WIPs are accounted for. So as soon as someone claims that last source, all sources will be opened about two weeks (or less) from then, as long as everyone makes the WIP deadline.

I'm bein' strict about this, guys. Miss the deadline, source opens back up and you can't reclaim without a WIP. Don't fuck around. Work as hard as anyone. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

:D

thm_5180390490816.jpg

Everyone has their own WIP deadline, which began the day you made a claim.

Here, enjoy the contents of my current tracklist text doc.

[quote name='Brandon Strader']So I have 2 weeks from when the final song is claimed, to produce a wip. Whoo~! 
1. The Street of Rage			Xarnax42		WIP due 08/29/2013

2. Player Select DiGi Valentine & halc WIP due 08/28/2013

3. Fighting in the Street G-Mixer & Damashii!! WIP due 08/29/2013

4. Attack the Barbarian spellmynamewithabang WIP due 09/01/2013

5. Dilapidated Town Main Finger WIP due 08/28/2013

6. Moon Beach Amphibious WIP due 08/28/2013

7. Keep the groovin' Garpocalypse WIP due 08/28/2013

8. Beatnik on the Ship rebrained WIP due 08/29/2013

9. Stealthy Steps CJthemusicdude WIP due 09/02/2013

10. Violent Breathing

11. The Last Soul Brandon Strader WIP due 08/29/2013

12. Big Boss DusK WIP due 08/30/2013

13. My little baby (good ending) Tuberz McGee WIP due 08/28/2013

14. You Became the Bad Guy! Red Rum WIP due 08/31/2013

After that initial two week wip deadline, will we be going in to an overall wip deadline schedule as a group or are we going to do be stuck with these individual dates for individual remixers for the whole project?

We'll have check-ins like any other project, which I'll announce in about a month or two from now. The 2-week thing is for initial claims.

Yikes. We have to get something in by the 29th. I did NOT expect this.
I was literally just about to get at either you or Jordan regarding this. Hopefully, you guys will make that first date on 29th. After that we should have a bit more breathing room if DusK is stretching wip dates out to months at a time.

Man.

Honestly, i've never written lyrics so fast in all my life. Those were the quickest two verses i ever wrote. Even nailed the flow within the afternoon.

x_x;;

just signing in real quick to say that it's not a problem. The 29th is much sooner than I, too, had expected, but I'm about to be free of other [ocr] projects.

Had some good and some bad stuff the past few days that kept me really busy.

Bad: some family IRL stuff where way too much shiz has been hitting the fan, so I had to take a break from everything to think clearly.

Good: I overhauled/revamped my recording set up these past two days, and I think the feng shui is pretty dope so far. :nicework:

long story short, I'll be recording and catching up like crazy all day tomorrow, so I'll send something to work with to G-mixer by the end of the day. However (you'll see what I mean once you get my 'stuff,' G), I can tell you right now it's going to be one hella rough draft.... like toy Casio quality.