Streets of Rage ReMix Album (Part 1/3) - Next check-in: May 31st - Four sources open!

DusK

i suddenly had a vision of redoing Violent Breathing as weezer-esque 90s poppy alt-rock but unfortunately i don't have a guitar or an actual set of drums or a bass or anything to do that with

someone else do that, though, because it'd be sweet

Dude. That's rad.

If you arrange it, I'll do all the performances with my live instruments <3

You game?

Alright, 3 weeks was a bit too strict. I laid out a very clear vision for the project, and 3 weeks to deliver something awesome doesn't exactly give a whole lot of room for people to come up with a great idea that adheres to the project guidelines and put that to file, so I'm extending the WIP deadline by a week. Deadlines may go back down to two weeks once we start getting into the swing of things and I start putting out check-in deadlines.

New deadlines per person, in case you're wondering:

1. The Street of Rage            Xarnax42        WIP due 09/05/2013

2. Player Select DiGi Valentine & halc WIP due 09/04/2013

3. Fighting in the Street G-Mixer & Damashii!! WIP due 09/05/2013

4. Attack the Barbarian spellmynamewithabang WIP in

5. Dilapidated Town Main Finger WIP due 09/04/2013

6. Moon Beach Amphibious WIP due 09/04/2013

7. Keep the groovin' Garpocalypse WIP due 09/04/2013

8. Beatnik on the Ship rebrained WIP in

9. Stealthy Steps CJthemusicdude WIP in

10. Violent Breathing

11. The Last Soul Brandon Strader WIP due 09/05/2013

12. Big Boss DusK WIP in

13. My little baby (good ending) Tuberz McGee WIP due 09/04/2013

14. You Became the Bad Guy! Red Rum WIP due 09/07/2013

Edited by DusK

He did. I'm still gonna need something before that deadline. I'm waving production requirements on WIPs for posted ReMixers, so take advantage of that.
Ok, i understand. Well, i'm not sure how much of a WIP you'll consider this to be, but i have written the lyrics for our tune and did a rehearsal take to show to halc what i had in mind lyrically for our claim. Granted, there's no actual work done on the production side of it seeing as halc will be out for a while but we will most definitely be working on this tune properly once he gets back, i can assure you on that. This track is too important for me to lose so there will be work done to it once he's back, you have my word.

If you'll accept my rehearsal take (i'm literally just rhyming over the original track) as a WIP for our claim then i would extremely appreciate it. Let me know if you want to hear it and i'll send it over.

Hey, dude. If our track's gonna include vocals, do we need to have the lyrics written?

Can I just outline what the melody is and then write the lyrics at a later date when they flow from me better?

Just checkin'

<3

Man, this album's gonna be SoR Vocal Trax.

No, you don't have to have the vocals written. I've actually gotten two WIPs for vocal remixes with no vocals recorded.

DiGi, if you go ahead and shoot me that thingy, I'll let it pass as a WIP, but I'm watching you two. ;)

Alright, 3 weeks was a bit too strict. I laid out a very clear vision for the project, and 3 weeks to deliver something awesome doesn't exactly give a whole lot of room for people to come up with a great idea that adheres to the project guidelines and put that to file, so I'm extending the WIP deadline by a week. Deadlines may go back down to two weeks once we start getting into the swing of things and I start putting out check-in deadlines.

New deadlines per person, in case you're wondering:

1. The Street of Rage            Xarnax42        WIP due 09/05/2013

2. Player Select DiGi Valentine & halc WIP due 09/04/2013

3. Fighting in the Street G-Mixer & Damashii!! WIP due 09/05/2013

4. Attack the Barbarian spellmynamewithabang WIP in

5. Dilapidated Town Main Finger WIP due 09/04/2013

6. Moon Beach Amphibious WIP due 09/04/2013

7. Keep the groovin' Garpocalypse WIP due 09/04/2013

8. Beatnik on the Ship rebrained WIP in

9. Stealthy Steps CJthemusicdude WIP in

10. Violent Breathing

11. The Last Soul Brandon Strader WIP due 09/05/2013

12. Big Boss DusK WIP in

13. My little baby (good ending) Tuberz McGee WIP due 09/04/2013

14. You Became the Bad Guy! Red Rum WIP due 09/07/2013

this gives me a bit of a sigh of relief

we actually probably do have enough to show you, though

I made a super silly, basic a Capella sketch for G-Mixer, then G-m made a much more legit demo a while ago, and then it took me a very long time to have a day to sit down with stuff to send back yet again to G-M. So, thanks for extending the deadline, but I'm sure that G-M and I have probably got a pretty good initial wip right now. Should be coming your way, DusK, in a few hours/days depending on G's thoughts with what I've just sent him.

No, you don't have to have the vocals written. I've actually gotten two WIPs for vocal remixes with no vocals recorded.

weeeelp. guess we did a little too much for this first wip. :nicework:

I hate to be "that guy" but I'm still not happy with anything I've made thus far and I'm pretty busy getting stuff ready for an out-of-state wedding I'm about to be in. Your gonna have to open my track up again for now.

If I manage to make a WIP I don't hate later, I'll try to reclaim my spot with it, but until then there's no point in me sitting on the slot at the moment. Sorry.

I hate to be "that guy" but I'm still not happy with anything I've made thus far and I'm pretty busy getting stuff ready for an out-of-state wedding I'm about to be in. Your gonna have to open my track up again for now.

If I manage to make a WIP I don't hate later, I'll try to reclaim my spot with it, but until then there's no point in me sitting on the slot at the moment. Sorry.

I'm that guy too, so you're not the only guy.

I've been pretty busy, but if I can get something together soon I'll definitely send it your way Dusk. But if someone else out there can get something sweet made for Moon Beach then by all means have at it!

I'm that guy too, so you're not the only guy.

I've been pretty busy, but if I can get something together soon I'll definitely send it your way Dusk. But if someone else out there can get something sweet made for Moon Beach then by all means have at it!

Noooo! Not you too Amphib!!

Just put a few min into a wip! You have to do moon beach!

:)

I have my studio torn apart because I thought I was gonna have to move. I'm getting stuff put back together. If it's not a problem I could possibly make something on Friday night/Saturday morning/afternoon. Honestly I don't usually make WIPs or start on something and then wait because I forget what I was doing and have to start over. But I don't have time to make the FULL mix right now. -_-

I'm gonna comb through these later today, so all you late dudes have about 12-24 hours before your claims go black.

If you're a posted remixer and have anything that conveys the general direction of your track, shoot it my way and I'll take it. I'm only enforcing the "show me you can produce" rule for non-posted remixers.

If you're a posted remixer and have anything that conveys the general direction of your track, shoot it my way and I'll take it.

I decided against live drums. It's just too messy and I don't have enough microphones, mic cables, and drum pieces to really convey the sound I would want to, so I'm going to probably use Studio Drummer or something along that line.

I'm gonna keep it fairly conservative, so you can already imagine how I would approach it. To break it up into liberal land I would put in some cool improvised solo sections, maybe with ePianos and organs, and maybe guitar.

I want it to be a clean but saturated sound, like tape saturation. You can probably already imagine what this mix will sound like. The source is really good and there's a lot to work with. I don't know if this is enough detail to comfort you concerning this WIP date, let me know. Maybe someone could vouch for me or something x_x But there's also people who could vouch against me, there's a lot of stuff I need to finish and catch up on. I'll just leave it at that, this isn't a FINAL date and I have a few final dates and other things I need to catch up on currently. -_-

Oh right, genre. Well it's not gonna be disco unless dark disco exists. In which case it might be dark disco.

Edited by Brandon Strader

I'm gonna comb through these later today, so all you late dudes have about 12-24 hours before your claims go black.

If you're a posted remixer and have anything that conveys the general direction of your track, shoot it my way and I'll take it. I'm only enforcing the "show me you can produce" rule for non-posted remixers.

hey look I did it