Streets of Rage ReMix Album (Part 1/3) - Next check-in: May 31st - Four sources open!

DusK

Hey, DusK, I know you're probably rubbing your hands together like Birdman and just chilling out right now waiting for the Gunstar release, but ,just to make sure, did you get our wip(s) for the MJ FiTStreets? Are we clear to start working on it more, or is it not what you're looking for (claim up for grabs again)?

Yeah, sorry I haven't been on this what with all that stuff coming up, but yes, I got it, you're safe.

Now that the Gunstar Heroes after-party is slowin' down a bit, I'm back in the saddle.

If you didn't have a WIP before the deadline that meets the requirements, you got dropped like Shiva drops button-mashers. But if you can get that WIP in, you'll get your claim back. And if someone snatches your claim, hold on to your track; if we can get the tracklist filled up with WIPs, all sources get re-opened again.

Also, if you're doing a vocal mix, make sure the vocals are tight. Nearly every submission so far has been a vocal remix, so if the album as a whole goes that route like it seems to be, we need to make sure those performances kick ass.

Edited by DusK

Also, if you're doing a vocal mix, make sure the vocals are tight.
Indeed. You didn't get back to me personally about that rehearsal i sent you, but i feel the need to reiterate that it was really just that, a rehearsal for my collaborators to hear so they had an idea of where i'm taking it lyrically. The proper wip will have all that neatly in time and sounding like a proper track, and not some dude sitting in his bedroom fucking around on a microphone to the original source, lol.

So, ok then. Where do we go from here? What's the deal with deadlines now that some have been dropped and what does that mean for the rest of us?

Are we still doing individual deadline dates then or will we be facing overall group deadline dates for the project as a whole now?

Forgot to answer this.

So, ok then. Where do we go from here? What's the deal with deadlines now that some have been dropped and what does that mean for the rest of us?

Are we still doing individual deadline dates then or will we be facing overall group deadline dates for the project as a whole now?

I'll be posting overall group check-in dates sometime in late October, or if all tracks get claimed and WIP'd, whichever comes first. I'd like to give people a chance to get claims down and WIPs in.

Keep working on your mix, though.

I'll be posting overall group check-in dates sometime in late October, or if all tracks get claimed and WIP'd, whichever comes first. I'd like to give people a chance to get claims down and WIPs in.

Keep working on your mix, though.

Yeah, that's cool man. Thanks for clearing it up for me :)

And no doubt. Halc's back from his honeymoon next week. The second he's back in, we're scooping up Damashii!! and cooking up something proper for you to listen to asap, man!

Actually can't wait to start working on this properly.

I take it the lyrical direction was ok with you then? I'll be tidying them up a bit and so they flow better, maybe switching up some words with different syllables so i can get more out of a bar or two, but for the most part if you're ok with the lyrics then that's what i was thinking of going with.

Yeah, that's cool man. Thanks for clearing it up for me :)

And no doubt. Halc's back from his honeymoon next week. The second he's back in, we're scooping up Damashii!! and cooking up something proper for you to listen to asap, man!

Actually can't wait to start working on this properly.

I take it the lyrical direction was ok with you then? I'll be tidying them up a bit and so they flow better, maybe switching up some words with different syllables so i can get more out of a bar or two, but for the most part if you're ok with the lyrics then that's what i was thinking of going with.

Oh yeah, I really dig it. I'm kinda giving Drew and Jordan the benefit of the doubt, though, so if the track doesn't turn out good, it's

. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
If you could be more lenient wip-wise, I could still be on board for Last Soul :-o But I want the meaning and quality of the song to be more important than having it done in a week

Doesn't have to be done, bro. Just give me something to work with. I can't listen to a paragraph.

DiGi rapped over the source track. That was enough for me. I am being lenient about this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...