Stardust Speedway "G" Mix JP (Sonic CD) Remix

~Faseeh~

Hey OverClocked Remix! I'm ~Faseeh~/GottaGoFas, a very new musician and I do remixes and originals and the likes.

I like to think I'm at a good skill level for how long I've been in this (a year)and I'd like to get some proffesional feedback and I thought OCR would be a good place to ask.

https://soundcloud.com/gottagofas/stardust-speedway-jp

This is a chill house remix of Stardust Speedway Good Future JP with touches of the present version.

I'd like to know what you guys think about that.

https://soundcloud.com/gottagofas/egg-golem-modern

This is something I tried with the Sonic Generations Modern style and interactive music scoring in my mind.

Again, I'd like to get feedback!

Thanks for listening and critiqing, in advance.

Edited by ~Faseeh~

really digging the stardust speedway one! the bass sample is a little grating, and the string bit that starts around 1:14 really bugs me (it sounds fake and the pattern is too repetitive)

around 1:49 there's some weird dissonance that sounds really out-of-key

i'd like to see some more variation

but for the most part it's really nice; i'd like it to be extended!

i'm not nearly as much a fan of the egg golem theme but it fares pretty well overall. that said, though, that fake guitar is distracting it's not -that- bad apart from the lead (which is really off-putting)

there's a horn blast around 1:40ish panned left in it that's really loud

1:55 there's a drop in amplitude and everything's panned center and it's weird

idk if that helps

really digging the stardust speedway one! the bass sample is a little grating, and the string bit that starts around 1:14 really bugs me (it sounds fake and the pattern is too repetitive)

around 1:49 there's some weird dissonance that sounds really out-of-key

i'd like to see some more variation

but for the most part it's really nice; i'd like it to be extended!

i'm not nearly as much a fan of the egg golem theme but it fares pretty well overall. that said, though, that fake guitar is distracting it's not -that- bad apart from the lead (which is really off-putting)

there's a horn blast around 1:40ish panned left in it that's really loud

1:55 there's a drop in amplitude and everything's panned center and it's weird

idk if that helps

Thanks man! I’m surprised I got nice feedback! Hm, what kind of bass would you like me to layer it with or something? What would work in your opinion?

Ah, I see. Yeah, I just kinda caught that. Will change it up.

I can try to add more variation!

Onto Egg Golem. Hm, I see. I can get a live guitar on it, would that help?

1:40, I’ll check it out.

Alright, will pan it out a bit more so it’s not an awkward change.

I was told to try and send Stardust Speedway to OCRemix as an entry after getting back feedback, improving it and yeah... Should I try?

• 1 month later...

Is this ready to be submitted? Don't mark it for mod review unless you think it is. Provide a link to source when you do.

Nice groove. The mixing is all over the place, which is probably the biggest problem I can hear. Sort out your levels and you should have a good mix. The arrangement is quite repetitive, even for something that's built on a groove like this. You could look up posted remixes that are also built on a groove and figure out how they kept things interesting. I have a feeling this is rather conservative, but no source link, no source comment.

• 1 month later...