OCR00394 - Blaster Master "Dancer Master"

Saunders

Blaster Master 'Dancer Master'

Whee, this is definitely a happy tune, which is of course it’s intent, being a dance tune and all. I love the voice sample used at 1:20 also, it’s perfectly placed, and makes me giggle as well. The area at ~1:35 with the strange sample really reminds me of the game’s original tune. And well, there’s not really a whole lot else to say. 3/5

• 2 months later...

Wow, this is one great tune! I can't believe there's been only 1 post for this mix... It's sooooo happy, it'll make you smile! I can't stop my head from boppin along to this tune when i'm working on the pc. anyways, i give this one a 9/10 why only 9?

well, there's this annoying sound effect he uses at 1:36. If that sound had more variables of high/low then, i woulda gave this track a PerFect!

ps: if i'm right, this was the tune from the ending credits right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Dang, how I could reminesque about this game, and shooting all those evil flying bee's and worms, and I'm only 15 years old here. This was a great game, which was very long for the time of games like this. I enjoy how happy this song is, and when I listened to it, I smiled quite alot. I nearly wanted to hop out of my little spinny chair, and dance, but then I couldnt tell you how good the song was.

This is definately recommended in my oppinion. Its sounds are quite smooth, are pleasing to the ears.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
I swear that sample heard at 1:36 is Bomb Man's theme from Megaman 1.

It most definitely is!

Anyway, this is a really nice remix, easy on the ears yet very catchy. As usual, some high quality work from regular AmIEvil! I haven't played the original game, so I can't judge how close/far the remix is from it, but it hardly matters when it's this good! :-D

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Cheerful and bouncy, this mix is perfect for bopping back and forth to. The approach is simple, but the execution is sound. Especially nice is the organ runs throughout. It's probably the nostalgia talking, but this really does have a blaster master feel to it, even though i'm not sure how this happy sort of music could be related to going inside the earth's crust chasing after a frog.

Actually, I suppose the complete exuberance of this track fits the completely absurd storyline of the game just fine. :)

• 6 months later...

I love this mix! My one and only complaint is that the lead-in is too long -- it goes on for 8 measures when one would expect it to start after just 4. Personally, I love the square-wave section, but I think my ears are tuned a little differently than most.

The beat's very bouncy, and when we first break into the melody, the first thing I was reminded of was the soundtrack from "Tinhead": very light and sugary. AIE doesn't really break any new ground with this particular track, but if you're looking for something with an upbeat club sort of vibe, here's your tune.

My rating: 3/5

• 2 years later...

I had a love/hate relationship with Blaster Master growing up, but I always loved the music - especially Area 5. Even if that is where I Game Over'd a lot. Stupid giant crab...

This is very upbeat, I like that. I also really like the organ bits in here, and the way they're being used. Beginning was a touch repetitive imo, but aside from that this is pretty original stuff. It's easy to listen to and it's easy to find yourself moving to it and bobbing your head without even realizing it. Fade out endings don't bother me that much, but I found this fade out to be a little too long and drawn out. Still, that's a pretty minor nitpick and it's not like it kills the song.

I hope more people check this one out and give it more love.

• 11 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00394 - Blaster Master "Dancer Master"