Mega Man & Bass (Cold Man) + Mega Man 10 (Enker's Theme) -- ALL IN ONE SNES-y SYNTH METAL PACKAGE!

ectogemia

One request.

Please take "Metal" out of the description. Or at least add a -y to it.

Synth-y for sure. Metal-y. Ok. Metal? nope.

;-)

Just messing around. Sorta. Good luck this round for the WCRG!

I'll post a better review once I get a little more time with it but right off the bat the leads are kinda killing my ears. Honestly, I think they are too loud. They cover up the rhythm....synths alot. I like the arrangement though and the attempt to chiptune some metal. Just those fake guitars...

If you went for this type of sound you would have been my new hero.

Should be a good round though. Can't wait to hear everyone's work.

Edited by Garpocalypse

*coughIhearbitcrushingcough* ;)

I can kinda hear your (slightly bitcrushed?) kick, but try to make it louder with compression techniques, as it seems to be a little bit pushed back due to the current amount of treble on the bass. With The Glue, of course. Same with the toms, minus the part about the treble on the bass.

The lead at 1:59 is rather thin and buried behind the backup. At that point I would suggest an extremely powerful lead.

Yeah.

Edited by timaeus222

One request.

Please take "Metal" out of the description. Or at least add a -y to it.

Synth-y for sure. Metal-y. Ok. Metal? nope.

;-)

Just messing around. Sorta. Good luck this round for the WCRG

You mean to tell me you're not familiar with Nathan's questionable tagging methods?!

THIS SONG IS THE BEST DUBSTEP ELECTRO HOUSE TRAP I'VE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE!

:) <3 u bby

I love what you did with that bass, great sound and writing. Background arp is awesome but gets a bit repetitive. Kick is a tad buried as T said, maybe some compression and some more high-end "click" content would bring it out. Drums generally sound very good, great snare, great drum writing. "Guitar" lead (sounds like a layer) sounds a bit boxy, maybe gently cut a few mids out of the lower one. Overall, really fun and well written track!

You mean to tell me you're not familiar with Nathan's questionable tagging methods?!

I was thinking he was using " Stone Cold Metal" as more of a double entendre. Genre and that outer layering of a robot. BUT if he was just talking about a robot then it's cool. :)

I was just saying that if someone were to post something like this on the Ultimate Metal Forums they could get hurt. I don't want to see that. Ever. I love all you OCR'ers that have supplied me with free music for the better part of a decade now.

That being...(no i'm not saying that) so that being... you know, whatever. I am enjoying what ecto did quite a bit now. Just, if you say that something is Metal to Metal enthusiasts do you know what they are going to expect? METAL!!!!!!!

...even though no two metal fans agree on what metal is. But agreeing on things isn't really metal now is it?

:<

That being...(no i'm not saying that) so that being... you know, whatever. I am enjoying what ecto did quite a bit now. Just, if you say that something is Metal to Metal enthusiasts do you know what they are going to expect? METAL!!!!!!!

Saying this isn't metal because it's SNES-y is like saying chiptune jazz isn't jazz because it's chiptunes. This is metal, yo :P

Saying this isn't metal because it's SNES-y is like saying chiptune jazz isn't jazz because it's chiptunes. This is metal, yo :P

That's not at all what i'm saying. I like your work Ecto and I don't want to come off like that D-bag Ceddy here so i'll just leave you with some of these.

:razz:

Cyberbots:

Star Gladiator:

Luna Sequence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uGfXwUB5mE

Atlas PLug:

Sega Genesis: Maximum Carnage:

Snes: Maximum Carnage again:

Edited by Garpocalypse

• 1 month later...

I'm not feeling the sound design, not all of it anyway. You've got a cool rhythm guitar thingy, but it feels like it should be doubled and hardpanned like a rhythm guitar would. Some of your leads and the snare are a bit too loud. Something to get some lows/mids over to the sides. Some of the leads are a bit whiny, too, though I have no idea how to deal with that, or to what extent it's really a problem.

Has a bit of a rushed feel to it, tempo-wise. Feels like it's a few bpm over what it ought to be. The rhyhtm guitar and the drums just feel like the whole track is a bit too fast for its own good.

I recognize Cold Man just fine throughout its appearances here. The other source I'm not familiar with, so I'll leave that for later/another mod.

Flows well. Should sound great with some minor edits.