Stevo's Birthday, an OC ReMix Project

Brandon Strader

1888C9i.png

GAME NAME(S): Stevo's Birthday

ALBUM CONCEPT: "An OC ReMix project made in the style of the work Stevo Bortz is best known for!"

PERSONNEL: Brandon Strader (Director), Sixto Sounds (Artist)

TIMELINE: We planned to finish by Midnight on 8/19/2013

CONTENT:

Painting of a cake made in MS Paint

ARTISTS:

Sixto Sounds

# of COMPLETED WORKS: 1

# of WORKS-IN-PROGRESS: 0

This project was started on August 18th, 2013. At the time of 4:46pm, I came up with the idea to start an OCR Project for Stevo Bortz’s birthday, and began brainstorming ideas. I decided to recruit Sixto Sounds at 4:48pm to the project. I felt that having one artist for this project would keep it cohesive and allow it to flow more smoothly.

There was some turmoil during the project at 4:54pm, when it was discovered that Sixto Sounds was having some reservations about the “OCR nature” of the project and the WIP dates, but he ultimately agreed to participate in the project at 4:55pm after some quick persuasion.

The first WIP date was 6pm, no WIP was turned in.

At 6:40pm, the artist did not respond.

It was suggested that WIP dates could be extended to 2 hours instead of 1

At 7:22PM, the artist responded!

At 11:20PM, it became apparent that the artist was probably going to miss the deadline.

At 11:40PM, after yelling heartily at the artist, director attempted to use reverse psychology.

At 11:45PM the artist revealed that he was attempting to draw the cake.

At 11:59PM, director prepared final version of thread for posting.

Staff:

Project Director: Brandon Strader

Artist: Sixto Sounds

Executive Producers: Larry “Liontamer” Oji and David “djpretzel” LLoyd

This project was conceived out of a love for Stevo Bortz and his work. It is by fans, for fans, and is not officially endorsed by Stevo Bortz.

Director Comments: “I am very proud of this project. This game has meant a lot to me ever since I was a child, and it has brought my family closer together. It is the power of gaming and art that has the ability to change lives, and this project is proof of that. I did a great job putting this together, and will take all the credit and glory for its completion.”

Artist Comments: “Due dates for a friggin gift. The fuck. Too ocr for me. Get out of my face! I am trying to draw the damn cake jesus dude quit being a babby."

Bonus: Cake drawn by director.

r24TEUv.png

I'm really impressed with how this project came together in the end. Here's my full review:

Sixto - Cake: Though the cake isn't quite even, it has a charm that transcends the unevenness. Love the sloppy coloring of the candles, it seemed quite intentional and while that doesn't always work, it worked here. One of my favorites in the project.

Brandon Strader - Cake (bonus): While there's some good ideas here (it's a cake, it has candles), this feels more like a WIP and it's obviously why this is a bonus and not part of the main project. I'd love to see Brandon keep working on this though. Also there's a spelling mistake in Stevo's name that you may want to fix. Maybe that was intentional but it didn't work for me.

Overall, good stuff. I love both these artists and their talent really shone through.

Also: happy birthday Stevo

Edited by Palpable

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to ask the mods to shut this thread down. I don't ever remember getting a submission email for this album, so its in no way an official album and as such doesn't belong here in Community with the other official threads.

That being said, I'm surprised this even happened in the first place. I mean, an album of a single song with an additional remix as a bonus? What a disturbing lack of content. In all my decades here at OCR, I've yet to see an album so blunt in its vacuousness. The material that is here isn't even that original. I've heard these cake songs before on other albums, so the ones here barely stand on their own two legs as being unique arrangements.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to go back to the drawing board. You obviously have a lot of motivation to make stuff happen, but you need to drastically rethink your approach.

tl;dr I love you all. Thank you for always making me feel like this is a community where I belong, where people know and appreciate all I can bring, and where I'm happy just being myself. You're all amazong.

130819_091858.png

Edited by Level 99