OCR02727 - Pokémon Blue Version "Wet Dreams"

djpretzel

I think this one was my favourite out of a very strong selection. The peaceful opening lulled me in perfectly before hitting me right in the nostalgia spot with the drifting between the Viridian Forest and Cerulean City themes. In particular, I loved the use of Cerulean City, since for some reason that tune always hits me right in the nostalgia spot. I can't really quantify it but over-all, this mix just had a blissful feel to it that resonated with me.

Also, I really like what Phonetic Hero's done with the Viridian Forest theme. I almost entirely associate the Viridean Forest theme with sinister connotations but here it's just joyful and happy (and reminds me a little of the evolution theme).

I always liked Eevee and the way it could cater to just about anyone's taste with different evolutions and types, so an album in that vain was a nice idea. As a Water/Ice trainer for the most part, I stuck with Vaporeon myself. As for the ReMix, I never thought I'd hear Viridian's creepy melody used in such a happy, dreamlike way, but it sounds terrific here along with the Cerulean City theme thrown it (one of my personal favorite cities). Great job with this chippy and bubbly song and cool idea in using Vaporeon's shout. And that title..........hehehehe, nice.

Edited by Crulex

• 2 years later...

Ha ha ha….wet dreams.

Definitely started out very dreamlike. Then it fades out and you think the dream is over, but then it picks up considerably, and you’re now swimming with all the water type Pokemon peacefully. It’s not bad, but I also love the percussive lullaby pop electronica description.

hehe title

IMO the seafoam islands in major worked really well, didn't ruin my childhood since I never played red/blue ;-;. I really like the quiet, peaceful section at 1:23 before launching into the more intense part of the dream at 1:32. The muted snares add a really nice effect, and the vaporeon cries give a good connection to what this piece was made for. Overall, a very relaxing tune that is quite dreamlike :)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02727 - Pokémon Blue Version "Wet Dreams"