OCR02728 - Pokémon Gold Version "Half Steps"

djpretzel

Dude...fucking awesome. I'll be the first one to say it: Direct first mixpost, I am jealous.

Seriously though, congrats and if I was there, there would be copious amounts of beer drinking just for celebration purposes. Best of luck on your next submissions. :D

P.S. This song is schweet.

EDIT: Correction, direct first...PROJECT mixpost. You killed 3 birds with a stone. That's saying something.

Edited by DjjD

Funky chip Jazz? Sounds psychic enough to me. Pretty impressive to not only nail down such an elusive concept, but to work it in with the National Park theme. 3:05 to the end was a great way to end it, as it seems like everything dropped off except for a few sounds, which hinted at a psychic move being used in concentration. Sweet.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

What. Is. This? It sounds so werid, soooo weird... But I like this quite a lot. Especially I like the small section at 1:45, it sounds quite trippy. Overall, I love the surreal atmosphere of this mix - those cheerful piano licks, combined with somewhat funky/chippy synth and bass and the beat work perfect in this way. Nice

• 10 months later...

I really love this take on the source; it really has an upbeat, jazzy, chill feel to it. Not sure if I would call it psychic, but I guess it comes pretty close..? I especially love the part from 1:06 to 1:28 that really cements the feel for me.

The Eevee EP is one of my fav OCR albums, and this is a gr8 track from it

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02728 - Pokémon Gold Version "Half Steps"