OCR02729 - Pokémon Blue Version "Conundrum"

djpretzel

This album certainly has it's share of great tracks that combine chip tune with a lot of things that I haven't heard much of before, and this one featuring some Deneb and dubish industrial beats is an awesome example of that. You've got the light melody of the Gym battle in the chips, and then everything else seems to add to the intensity that a battle like that should have. Digging the breakdown section as well.

• 2 years later...

You’ve made some interesting creative choices for this one, and I wholeheartedly approve. Looking at it in the context of the Eevee EP, the buzzy synths and electric guitars are, of course, a way of representing the fact that Jolteon's the electric type. However, I’m glad that the electric guitars are limited in their usage (sorry, Source X!), if only because it provides contrast with Brandon Strader’s Flareon track, Ember, from the same EP. In your defense, Source X, when the electric guitars come in they work very well. In conclusion, I like this one a lot. Magnificent work!

I'm a big fan of the eevee ep; such a great album in such a short time! As a genre fusion track, it's very entertaining to see all of the different styles you used, but DnB and dubstep appear to be the most prevalent ones. I'm not much of a dubstep guy, but even I can appreciate the wubs in your mix! I love the way you handled the lead synths around 1:20, too. Great job! 

This genre really works well with the Gym Battle theme from the original Pokemon. The guitar solo seemed a little out of place, but the fact that it was only for a small portion of the track keeps the guitar from being too much of a distraction. I almost wish Nintendo found a way to rearrange this battle theme in a way that is similar to this remix for a Smash Bros game.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02729 - Pokémon Blue Version "Conundrum"