OCR01465 - Sonic & Knuckles "Lover Reef"

djpretzel

I've already given this mix my criticism; this is just an after thought.

I don't know if anyone's said anything about this, but does it bother anybody else that the two heavily panned guitars are out of sync? It probably wouldn't bother me so much if they were two different guitars... nevermind.

I still really like the mix though.

Incredible. Rarely do I get to hear a song from a video game with vocal's becoming a solid part of it. But the lyrics were not only emotionally sound, but they fit the actual level perfectly. The vocals sounded incredible. The music was done right on cue. If there was a flawless remix for Sonic music in general, we have it right here. This is beyond the highest reccomendations, this is downright mandatory to listen to. ALL SONIC FANS SHOULD HAVE IT.

Incredible. Arguably the best remix that ive heard for S&K, and even topping the rest of the Sonic songs that ive heard. The vocals were just enough to be great, and the lyrics made sense (which is a plus, since most of the time lyrics dont make sense right away) and related to the theme of Lava Reef Zone. In my opinion, there are few better remixes that i like here. If you have any sort of soul, you will keep making these!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, this is nothing like a Horse with no Name, though I see the connection, especially in that midi version. Maybe you could say they are chord cousins, or something, but the spirit is very different.

Anyways, this mix gets a 4/5. I still think Pixie and Taucer need to do another mix sometime soon.

Probably my favorite Zone (I'm considering Hidden Palace as part of it, mind you) from all of the Sonic games put together.

With that said, I think this is one of my favorite OCRemix songs I've heard. The vocals aren't perfect, but that's the charm of it. Its not some multi-million dollar project. Its a group of people, having fun, and sharing their efforts with the masses. Already has a place rooted in my Favorites folder.

The lyrics, by the way, were killer :wink:

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01465 - Sonic & Knuckles "Lover Reef"