Hearthstone

Ryan Jobson

No thread for this yet. I'm creating one.

I'll be the first to say (maybe there are others?) that I've never played any trading card game other than Pokemon when I was a kid. My friends have played Magic the Gathering and I've watched them play a few games but other than that these games are pretty foreign to me, although I do understand the mechanics and how they work, at least the fundamentals.

I gotta say, the first time I heard of Blizzard's new game and that it was a trading card game, I laughed out loud and just though they were creating more garbage games. BUT, I was wrong. The interface is very clean, and the game is very pretty to look at. I've only been watching streamers play right now and it looks like a lot of fun.

It's going to be F2P with the option to spend money on decks, and possibly some other nick-nacks. I think this is something I might check out. I'm more of a casual gamer these days, playing a bit of Skyrim here, a bit of League of Legends there, and I can definitely see myself playing this at launch. It'd just be something nice to play when I'm relaxing at night after work, you know, play maybe 30min to an hour and not feel pressured to play any more than that.

What are your thoughts and opinions? I'd love to hear them.

I've been watching a well-known streamer by the name of Kripparrian who has been streaming the game 8+ hours a day and I must say it looks really fun. If you're a stranger to Kripparrian (on Twitch) or haven't heard of him before, check him out here. Very cool guy (he's getting 12k+ live viewers a day now... insane!)

*FUN FACT - he was the guy who got world first for killing Diablo (III) in Inferno Hardcore BEFORE they nerfed anything.

http://www.twitch.tv/nl_kripp (usually around 5pm PST - 3am PST)

Edited by Ryan Jobson

As an MTG player for half my years (12) I do find it difficult sometimes to get into other card games, although I did play LOTR for ages until my best friends decided to buy the shop out of cards and obliterate everyone and make it no fun anymore. (Same old story in MTG at times but there is always some way to win with older cards where as you couldn't in LOTR)

If, it runs differently from WoW TCG, I may try it. I didn't like that so much. If not, feh. I have Magic 14 on Steam and Theros is out just round the corner...

That and BloodBowl.

don't get burned out before hex comes out!

Heh, definitely not going to. "Into TCGs" right now means "Tries to play Friday Night Magic every two or three weeks at my local shop", plus a bit of Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014. I'm playing plenty of other stuff too, and Hex is the most exciting of all the upcoming TCG things for me.

Heh, definitely not going to. "Into TCGs" right now means "Tries to play Friday Night Magic every two or three weeks at my local shop", plus a bit of Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014. I'm playing plenty of other stuff too, and Hex is the most exciting of all the upcoming TCG things for me.

i admit i am super pumped about it.

I have never been big on TGCs, I played Yugioh and pokemon for a while, but hearthstone has me very very excited, I've been watching streams all week whenever I can. It look like a very simple one but also looks like a LOT of fun, its perfect for guys like me who are kind of newbies to that stuff. I hope I get a closed beta key soon I really want to play this game.