PRC252 - RESULTS - Controlling the Fanfare (Donkey Kong Country 2 + Star Control 2)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 252

PRCv10-18

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

PRC251 is only finished a couple of hours ago. Evktalo claimed victory, but DrumJ8 and Sggod89 weren't far off.

Like last round, the upcoming round has two sources.

The first source is selected by PRC250's winner, darkbrandflake11. Last rounds winner Evktalo also picked a source. After this round, everything returns to normal with one source per round (except when this round has a double winner).

To participate, you only have to remix one of these songs, but remixing both in one song is encouraged. Darkbrandflake11 and Evktalo can also take part, they should remix the song selected by the other person (darkbrandflake11 remixes Evktalo's source and Evktalo remixes darkbrandflake11's source). They also can remix their own source as a bonus track (or both sources in one track, as a track which will be considered as a normal entry).

I choose the Fanfare from Donkey Kong Country 2. Although the game has been heavily remixed, the fanfare does not have any arrangement.

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/DonkeyKongCountry2-Opening.mid

My pick is another classic PC DOS game theme, the Yehat theme from Star Control 2.

https://hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu/~mcmartin/midi/yehat.mid

--Eino

PRC252.jpg

Source 1: Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES) - Fanfare

MIDI

Youtube

Wiki

Source 2: Star Control 2 (PC) - Yehat

MIDI

Wiki

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 20 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes). If anyone has problems with uploading songs to ThaSauce let me know (in this thread) and post a download link to your song in this thread (so I can upload it to ThaSauce).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by MONDAY September 2nd 2013 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can also post the song in this thread if that doesn't work. Then I'll make sure it works.
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. The winner of this round may select the source for PRC253.
  7. The winners of PRC250 and PRC251, darkbrandflake11 and Evktalo can participate in this round. However, if they participate, their vote won't count twice.
  8. You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Edited by Bundeslang

*rubs hands together expectantly*

edit:

To participate, you only have to remix one of these songs, but remixing both in one song is encouraged. Darkbrandflake11 and Evktalo can also take part, they should remix the song selected by the other person (darkbrandflake11 remixes Evktalo's source and Evktalo remixes darkbrandflake11's source). They also can remix their own source as a bonus track (or both sources in one track, as a track which will be considered as a normal entry).

So - I can use the Yehat source, as long as I feature the DKC2 fanfare as well? This is new! ..and quite tempting.

--Eino

Edited by evktalo

Hey Bunda, I hit ya up with a PM cuz yet again I'm having issues with ThaSauce log-in. :sleepdepriv:

Spent all late night mixing dis shit q.q

Oh yes...and at @ the other mother uffers here - be very afraid of my remix!! Assuming Bundaslang gets around to submitting it for me cuz I'm a n00b. Muahahaha...er well, be somewhat afraid! Just a little ='(?

....don't ask.

Hey Bunda, I hit ya up with a PM cuz yet again I'm having issues with ThaSauce log-in. :sleepdepriv:

Spent all late night mixing dis shit q.q

Oh yes...and at @ the other mother uffers here - be very afraid of my remix!! Assuming Bundaslang gets around to submitting it for me cuz I'm a n00b. Muahahaha...er well, be somewhat afraid! Just a little ='(?

....don't ask.

I've uploaded your song.:grin:

Two songs so far. I'm excited to see more songs coming up.

Hey HoboKa! Congrats on become a posted remixer!

I've been missing the PRC a lot recently :( I keep checking the sources and thinking of awesome things to do with them (well ok, maybe not that awesome...) but then I remember that I'm busy panicking about the WCRG heh :)

Thx man - yeah u need to submit something for this compo asap brah. The more the merrier :<

...btw what's WCRG?

ooo cool. Seems to be a lot of rules involved but, but I may try it out anyway. :tomatoface:

thx for the pointer

It's not like a weekly thing though. It's more of a team-based tournament that started >2 months ago. We'd love to have someone like you, but the next gauntlet would probably be next Feburary-March at the earliest.

You're still free to vote on tracks!