PRC252 - RESULTS - Controlling the Fanfare (Donkey Kong Country 2 + Star Control 2)

Bundeslang

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. This round has 5 songs. To vote, do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote and leave feedback. However, they may not vote for themselve. They get a free first place bonus if they vote, so it is attractive to vote. Non participants are encouraged to vote to decide the winner and leave comments.

Darkbrandflake11 and Evktalo both have a vote that counts twice.

You have until THIS Thursday, September 5th 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, this is one day longer as usual so 3 days from now (because I'm not able to post/announce the results on Wednesday), check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC253.

Check the ThaSauce Page to vote.

Note that when the results will be announced thursday the scores are modified because I'll add hoboka's vote manually. I'll post the vote of hoboka (and his comments) together with the results.

Interesting voting so far. No one is gonna win by default.:)

Voting is now also extended on ThaSauce (I forgot to edit that earlier). There are two days left.

Wow, this might have been the hardest round for me to vote on ever. I had listen to everyone's mix several times. Each remix sounded really good and I could hear you're guys' individual qualities in each one which was really cool. Yes I had to make a vote, but there was certainly no losers this round. Every remix was very well made and enjoyable to listen to.

It's results time.

Total number of mixes - 5

Total number of votes - 8

Maximum Score - 27.

Voting stats can be found in this picture.

Voting252.png

Freaky collected four points and gets the last place wooden spoon.

OneUp received 11 points (including some first place votes), but ends at the fourth place.

After an exciting struggle for second place, DrumJ8 and hoboka tied for that, with 15 points.

And the winner of PRC252 is Xsquader with 21 points.

Congratulations Xsquader, you are the well-deserved winner. You may select a source for PRC253. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix).

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

Send your source as fast as you can, but before this Saturday, 7 September 2013.

You can find the votes with comments here:

http://compo.thasauce.net/votes/index/PRC252

hoboka voted as follows:

Here's my vote:

1)DrumJ8

2)Xsquader

3)OneUp

DrumJ8: 1st place for me, because his idea was, imo, the most interesting and well executed. His idea of integrating the solo snare pattern with both the Yehat and Fanfare source tunes was freaking cool too. Production sounds somewhat low-fi, but it sounded like true synth pop from the 80's, which felt more genuine than Xsquader's take (to me). The other contestants had cool ideas too, but I think that DrumJ8 is king of the hill, this time around.

Edited by Bundeslang