Ben Affleck is Batman!

RiverSound

The new Batman has been announced! Ben Affleck!

Do people approve? Disapprove? How would he compare to the old batmen?

Snyder: "He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne."

Do you agree?

http://filmonic.com/ben-affleck-vs-henry-cavill-batman-vs-superman?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=ben-affleck-vs-henry-cavill-batman-vs-superman

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2013/08/ben-affleck-cast-as-new-batman-in-man.html

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni56087514/?ref_=hm_nw_tp_t1

Edited by RiverSound

See, when he did Daredevil, I was like "Ok, that's fine, Daredevil isn't that great a Marvel character anyway."

But now I'm like "Hmm... so DC want Batman to die again, after managing to keep him alive under Bale... well good job I prefer Marvel anyway."

I still haven't seen the Super-duper-pooper-scooper Man film yet.

I remember when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker and the collective internet made the same animalistic noises they're making now at Affleck
THIS!

And Ledger's Joker was a phenomenal take on the character, one that i loved!

Granted, i'm not quite sure how Affleck could make the role of Bruce Wayne memorable for the right reasons ...but for once i won't pass judgement until i've seen it on screen. He could win me over just like Ledger did.

As long as they don't slip in to Batman & Robin movie levels of terrible then i think we're ok. I hope.

Ben Affleck is a good actor. Look at The Town and Good Will Hunting. Or Dogma.

As much as I love View Askew, and Dogma, I don't think Affleck was good in the movie. Better than Damon, but nothing stand out. Jason Lee however stood out for me. Shame he went on to become Dave...

No he's not

Is that calm rage speaking out, or you stating that this is a fake article? :<

Yeah, I agree with the Heath Ledger point; it could be very interesting, but of all the possible actors they could've chosen for The Batman....

meh, I'm just excited about a possible Justice League movie later on down the road, so we'll see how this turns out. As long as it doesn't end up along the lines of Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan (once again a pretty good actor, but seriously wtf were they thinking -_- ).

What I'm personally most worried about is that can he pull off a believable performance and have the authority and commanding presence of Batman- at least in the movies that I've seen him in, he's played quite the opposite characters. I kind of can see him in the role of Bruce Wayne, but a seasoned, hard-boiled fighter of crime... not so much. Haven't seen Daredevil, though. How did he pull it off there?

Also the actor's voice is a big part of making Batman believable, and while I'm looking forwards to what he can give us, I also fear that his voice lacks... balls.

j/k but Keaton and Bale set the bar pretty high.

Edited by RiverSound

I don't recall any Heath outrage. Wouldn't understand it, because I haven't noticed any bad work from him in his career, so why not Joker? Affleck, on the other hand, has already proven quite capable of mucking things, however well he's done with some of his other works, and I can see that driving the outrage. Imagine if they picked Rob Schneider.

I don't recall any Heath outrage. Wouldn't understand it, because I haven't noticed any bad work from him in his career, so why not Joker? Affleck, on the other hand, has already proven quite capable of mucking things, however well he's done with some of his other works, and I can see that driving the outrage. Imagine if they picked Rob Schneider.

I remember it vividly, everyone being all like "They casted the guy from Brokeback Mountain to play Joker"

Rob Schneider is awesome get outta here.

They'll probably leave whoever it is in costume and they'll be doing a voice anyway. I don't see how it's such a big deal, they could almost cast anyone.

Haven't Batman casting choices always been weird by tradition? Let's look at the list:

* Lewis Wilson (you don't know who he is)

* Robert Lowery (him neither)

* Adam West (You know him for his insanity)

* Michael Keaton (Beetlejuice)

* Kevin Conroy (voice actor)

* Val Kilmer (The guy who clicked his teeth at Tom Cruise in Top Gun)

* George Clooney and the ***damn Batman nipples.

* Christian Bale (American Psycho)

* Will Arnett for Lego Batman (Pretty much the creepy arrogant guy in everything he's in).

Really, why shouldn't Ben Affleck fit in there? The only actor even remotely considered iconic in the role is Kevin Conroy for God's sakes.

Good choice IMO. Affleck's previous characters def fit the mold of batman. He has some serious acting chops too. Don't think his will be better than Christian Bale's but will still be pretty damn good.

What characters are you referring to? I've seen a handful of his movies and none of them fit the description. (armageddon, pearl harbor, argo, that silly comedy/drama...)

One thing to note is that in this movie the Batman is apparently supposed to be older&much more experienced than Superman. So we're not talking an "origin story" Batman who is just starting out and enthusiastic, but a more wise&gritty one. A seasoned warrior. So it's a pretty damn tall order to meet.

Edited by RiverSound

Yeah, Ledger did have quite a backlash during the initial announcement but the crowd started warming up to him when the trailers hit. I guess i'll wait to see the trailer for this film to properly start gauging how an Affleck's take on Bruce Wayne will look.

I do agree with what someone else mentioned, i can see Affleck as Bruce Wayne ...but donning the dark knights outfit? I guess i just keep seeing him in the mask for when he was in DareDevil and going "...ah, maybe not." But again, i'll keep my judgement open for now.

Regarding Affleck's acting, he most certainly has uffed up quite a few things but for the things that he's done well in i honestly do have to commend him for. I really did like his character in Good Will Hunting, he acted real nice in that film. But things like Armageddon ...yeh, not so much.