Ben Affleck is Batman!

RiverSound

The issue is heath was a decent actor, and ben affleck has done waaaaay too much crap to be considered a decent actor to many people, myself included.

i kinda wish they had Nicolas cage as superman then atleast we could have a campy crazy superman batman crossover similer to the classic golden age superman batman crossover comics.

What characters are you referring to? I've seen a handful of his movies and none of them fit the description. (armageddon, pearl harbor, argo, that silly comedy/drama...)

One thing to note is that in this movie the Batman is apparently supposed to be older&much more experienced than Superman. So we're not talking an "origin story" Batman who is just starting out and enthusiastic, but a more wise&gritty one. A seasoned warrior. So it's a pretty damn tall order to meet.

Actually thought he was good Argo. The Town, Good Will Hunting, Changing Lanes.

Granted he has some bad roles. He is not a joke and has shown the range that is more than capable to play Batman. With the people involved in this movie, its chances of being crap are that high.

And Affleck as Batman will be far from the worst issues of a Superman/Batman movie.

David Goyer writing, Zack Snyder directing, and Frank Miller consulting? This movie is going to be awful.

Bingo.

Goyer/Nolan!Batman's already kind of dull when all of the characters are emoting and have semi-decent lines. Now imagine Man of Steel's dead acting and cheesy dialogue with Batman. Ughhhhhh

Oh, and don't forget the shakycam!

And Affleck as Batman will be far from the worst issues of a Superman/Batman movie.

David Goyer writing, Zack Snyder directing, and Frank Miller consulting? This movie is going to be awful.

I can see Affleck being okay as Batman, but kind of bad as Bruce Wayne.

Also, this movie just means that we have to wait another 10 years or so for the next opportunity to do the DC comics universe right.

To me Kevin Conroy is Batman. All the other actors are just guys who are not Kevin Conroy.

Word. Too bad Kevin Conroy looks like this in real life:

MV5BMTM4MDcwMTU2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzMyMjg0Nw@@._V1._SY314_CR2,0,214,314_.jpg

Edited by orlouge82

Saw this on reddit, don't know how real it is (Reactions to casting of Ledger as Joker).

http://i.imgur.com/MpguI.jpg

Carry on.

Yep it's kind of awesome how Heath Ledger proved everyone wrong, not just wrong but unbelievably wrong (imo). It reminds me of the first time I saw Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, and I thought he looked dumb and didn't have what it takes (I didn't even know who he was) but he proved ME wrong also because I loved his portrayal.

Michael Keaton ftw

Regardless of how good ben affleck will be i came across this petition on my fb feed : http://www.change.org/petitions/warner-brothers-remove-ben-affleck-as-batman-bruce-wayne-in-the-superman-batman-movie

now... disliking a choice is one thing but petitioning?

i feel that the internet has lost all logical sense and is just petitioning anything they remotely dislike nowadays.

I remember when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker and the collective internet made the same animalistic noises they're making now at Affleck

^

Granted, I personally don't think he's the best choice for the role... but he's far from the worst option. He's had several great performances, and usually turns out better-than-average ones so long as he has a competent writer and director backing him up.

Regardless of how good ben affleck will be i came across this petition on my fb feed : http://www.change.org/petitions/warner-brothers-remove-ben-affleck-as-batman-bruce-wayne-in-the-superman-batman-movie

now... disliking a choice is one thing but petitioning?

i feel that the internet has lost all logical sense and is just petitioning anything they remotely dislike nowadays.

replace "nowadays" with "the last ten/twenty years" and you'd be right

^

Granted, I personally don't think he's the best choice for the role... but he's far from the worst option. He's had several great performances, and usually turns out better-than-average ones so long as he has a competent writer and director backing him up.

oftentimes the best competent writer/director for that is himself. I'd gleefully watch an Affleck-directed Batman film in a heartbeat. He'd nail the tone, tbh

Edited by spellmynamewithabang

I think people don't know what they want... they want something different, otherwise they complain at everything being "the same" like CoD and Madden franchises.

but when something different happens everyone loses their shit and become experts on why this new thing not good enough or too different to be good.

to me, it's seems like a loud group of people are reacting as if Robin Williams was casts as Batman AND Superman.

He looks like Batman/Bruce Wayne, he has a strong chin for the cowl. So ALL I care about his his god-damn "batman voice" that's the deal breaker, if they can make Elijah Wood into a small person, or make Tom Cruise 3-5 inches taller in every movie he's in, then they can make Affleck into Batman. Just make him into the genius detective/engineer/scientist that he's suppose to be.

In many ways, I feel Nolan's batman dumbed down and weakened the Batman character among other characters.

and as for the petitions. I feel these things are getting ridiculous. It's the age of entitlement at it's worse, we see audiences demanding things on YouTube channels, Videogame consoles, and now Feature films... ridiculous.

oftentimes the best competent writer/director for that is himself. I'd gleefully watch an Affleck-directed Batman film in a heartbeat. He'd nail the tone, tbh

Agreed. Hence why I think DC/WB is so intent on getting him to direct the JLA movie.

Edited by Melbu Frahma
Quote tag got deleted somehow. O_o