Offering free mixing

Argle

This is an open offer until further notice

So, I like to mix things. I'm just weird that way. Haven't done it much lately and I'm feeling hungry. If you have a track you want mixed (for free), send it my way. Original or remix, it doesn't matter. I wish I had some current samples of my work. I have some but they're like 5 years old, so, yeah. Honestly though, the only thing you potentially lose is the time it takes to upload the stems.

Alright. What I need from you is:

- lossless audio files (WAV, FLAC, APE). FLAC and APE will save your bandwidth because they compress audio really well.

- individual instruments (drum kit preferably broken into components... kick, snare, etc). everything rendered as audio.

- no fx

- everything synced so I can drop it in my DAW

Upload and send me the link, and that's it! I'll mix yer track for free (single tracks only, no albums).

Edited by Argle

• 2 weeks later...
god I hate mixing because I'm really bad/new at it and it takes me forever and compressors confuse me. that is all.

A lot of people share your feelings, and that's perfectly ok. That's what I'm here for, to ease your burden. I enjoy the geeky technical side of music, uncovering the full potential of a song through the mix process. So it's an ideal situation for everyone. :-D

A lot of people share your feelings, and that's perfectly ok. That's what I'm here for, to ease your burden. I enjoy the geeky technical side of music, uncovering the full potential of a song through the mix process. So it's an ideal situation for everyone. :-D

Yeah, but I want to learn so I stop wanting to put my fist through my computer. I'm taking lessons now with someone to whom I send my stems and then we mix them together and that's helping.

Still, though, I can't tell you how many times he's made a change and been like "oh, that's way better," and I've been like "they sound exactly the same and I still hate compression because I fear things I don't understand"

Yeah, but I want to learn so I stop wanting to put my fist through my computer. I'm taking lessons now with someone to whom I send my stems and then we mix them together and that's helping.

Still, though, I can't tell you how many times he's made a change and been like "oh, that's way better," and I've been like "they sound exactly the same and I still hate compression because I fear things I don't understand"

I apologize for any confusion, I wasn't referring to you specifically, just people who are in the same boat as you.

I have no idea what just happened here.

Basically, Timaeus came into this thread and was like "XPRT, your music is crap and your remixer handle is missing vowels."

and I was like "bitch, vowels cost money, didn't you ever see Wheel of Fortune"

And we had an epic rap battle but we're all good now.

(he thought I was trying to promote you over him as a free mixing engineer but it was a miscommunication)

Edited by XPRTNovice

• 3 weeks later...