OCR02732 - Kid Chameleon "stands like a statue, becomes part of the machine"

djpretzel

YESSSSS :DDD

I want to quote my post from June 2012 in which I called this the "feel good remix of the year" which I hereby carry over onto 2013! I was pleasantly surprised to see myself mentioned too :mrgreen:

Congratz Sir and FINALLY KID CHAMELEON gets some lovin' it deserves!

Oh yeah, Jordan is the man!!!!! I think I may have heard a version or two of this over the years in the WIP forums, but I don't recall. Regardless, this song is beyond words... so many juicy instruments, delicious beats, and an unstoppable groove. Jordan continues to amaze me with each and every new song I hear from him. Keep it up! :)

How many styles can you fit into one ReMix without sounding overly chaotic or messy? A ton, apparently. Kudos on that. Midway through, you really shine in on that groove and vocal clips where things even out and the whole thing comes off as a musical twister: has a lot of stuff in it but swirls around like clockwork and it works! Awesome ReMix, man!

Oh yeah, Jordan is the man!!!!! I think I may have heard a version or two of this over the years in the WIP forums, but I don't recall.

Yep I found the old thread from last year and you had commented. This track is so good, I can't stop listening to it :D

DUDE Sir J brings the FUNK and finally give KC (one of my most loved/hated Sega Genesis games with great music) some well-deserved love!!! This is great, I love all the crazy effects you used and the arrangement is great! Love dat bass :P and all those glitchies and and and HEAD ASPLODE

also I noticed the "It goes a little somethin' like this, c'mon" vocal clip from the Fresh Beat Band ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

After listening to this song, I can't hear anything properly. Everything is filtered through a groovy lens. Truly, my senses will never be the same.

Amazingly innovative, funky, fun. Having read the original decision, I'm curious what the original sounded like. This was wacky, but never out of kilter or loose. I like how you brought things mellow in the middle, then slowly amped back up for the end of the song.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02732 - Kid Chameleon "stands like a statue, becomes part of the machine"