Help with Mixing Acoustic Tunes

I posted awhile back asking a similar question and now that I've finally recorded some new stuff, I'm back.

I'm trying to put together a few acoustic versions of tunes from Chrono Trigger. Most recently, I started playing with Guardia Millennial Fair. I decided to take what I have so far (not much) and attempt to mix it a bit for the sake of experimentation. I'm not sure how I've done with this so I wanted to ask for opinions and help here (because you guys are awesome). :-)

Anyway, here's a sample: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qtpakzyvzdc0aal/faire-mix-r1.mp3

Please bear in mind that this is far from complete. The opening is sparse and the bass drops out at the end, for example, but it picks up a bit in the middle where you can get a good feeling for the mix.

Thanks, folks! Specific feedback is great, but so are general tips for mixing acoustic stuff like this, as there are others I'm working on as well.

Cool, thanks so much for taking a listen. :-) I'll go ahead and drop this in the WIP forum.

I agree that the panning could use some work. I'm using Ableton Live and just dropped one of the pre-baked mastering racks into the set and tweaked it a bit. The rack uses some stereo EQ to widen the output and pushes panned tracks further to the right/left. I diminished this effect, but not very much.