Killer is Dead

Brandon Strader

Just got my limited edition with artbook and soundtrack, it is BEAUTIFUL!!

1208802_10151666397943445_818214132_n.jpg

1236488_10151666398048445_1614539358_n.jpg

The game case even has a recipe for perfect soft-boiled eggs!

This is the quality that FFX HD / KH 1.5 HD have to live up to, this is a glorious box... although those other pre-order limited editions won't have the soundtrack like this one does, which is already a knock against them.... ;-)

Anyway, haven't played this yet. DISCUSS!!

If an acid trip had an acid trip, with lines of dialog make it even more surreal. Suda 51 was going for the gold medal in crazy.

I'm a few hours into it. It's fun to play, it's a bit basic on the combat, but it has a counter/dodge system that feels good when you pull it off. I had a blast with the second boss, dodging and countering him like crazy.

The minigame to get new sub weapons is rather insane. You gawk at a woman while she's looking away and look at her face when she is looking at you, once you do that long enough you give her a gift.

It's pretty much more of Suda51 craziness. If you dig his stuff you'll probably like it, if not I suggest avoiding this one. I would suggest one of his other games if this would be your first Suda51 games, check out No More Hero's before picking this up.

• 3 months later...

Jumped on this for $20, should be here by tomorrow. Man I hope it's as memorable as the No More Heroes games. When I say I love the NMH games I mean I LOVE those games, like on the top of my list for best games I've played since the turn of the millennium love. People always nitpick things about the games like that they are both not very long or that it's not a 10 out of 10 AAAAA game or they just don't buy it because they only buy Nintendo games and no third party titles, and they're missing out. One of the few series that I thought really had a special something that draws you in.

If an acid trip had an acid trip, with lines of dialog make it even more surreal. Suda 51 was going for the gold medal in crazy.

I'm a few hours into it. It's fun to play, it's a bit basic on the combat, but it has a counter/dodge system that feels good when you pull it off. I had a blast with the second boss, dodging and countering him like crazy.

The minigame to get new sub weapons is rather insane. You gawk at a woman while she's looking away and look at her face when she is looking at you, once you do that long enough you give her a gift.

It's pretty much more of Suda51 craziness. If you dig his stuff you'll probably like it, if not I suggest avoiding this one. I would suggest one of his other games if this would be your first Suda51 games, check out No More Hero's before picking this up.

I avoided Lollipop Chainsaw like the plague, don't want a dumb blonde cheerleader in my game collection lol But I got KiDead and enjoyed it a lot, like you said, the combat is a bit on the simple side, but still satisfying, like getting headshots with subweapon, dodging at perfect times to get insane combos and those counters that lead to stylish air combos etc. fun stuff.

I wish I had a jump button though, and the loading times were ridiculous in this game, shouldn't have had to load that long, especially not with the 4 GB install.