Inafune's new game, Mighty No. 9

Devyn

So, we all know Inafune left capcom and all that drama a few years back. His company comcept is working on what looks to be a spiritual successor to the Mega Man series. I like what I see so far, and it's only coming to pc as of now, but the game looks good. Plus, the composer for the first Mega Man game is on board for the soundtrack, plus a lot of other talents. Looks good to me. Here's the kickstarter page since it has trailer, pics, and some of the music.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

Thoughts?

Already put 120 down on this. I know I'm a sucker for this, but I've been waiting for Inafune to make his own version of Megaman and it's finally here. I just hope that Capcom doesn't force Comcept to stop this game, but I don't think they'll care about someone making a Megaman clone cause they kicked Megaman to the curb already.

I like how it's called Mighty No. 9 because it's a successor to the eight different Mega Man series

I love how that conveniently meshes with the 8 'bosses' thing too.

Interestingly enough, the game would've only included 6 bosses like the original Mega Man if it had only reached the main goal.

The remaining two bosses were the first Stretch Goal (that was reached earlier today.) Glad we don't have to wait til 'Mighty No. 9 Powered Up' to see them.

also: I feel you on your opinion of the composer. Mega Man & Mega Man 10 don't come close to being my favorite MM soundtracks (though they have their moments).

Edited by ocre

I'm a little disappointed in the composer choice - the original Mega Man had some

Those are some ignorant and unfounded worries. The lady did the soundtracks for

and Mercs for goodness' sake. Not to mention the great tunes in MM1. She's classic Capcom material.

I probably will put down $40 for this myself. Really have been itching for a new Mega Man game for some time.

While I'm sure she'd do a good job, I really hope they let Inti Creates do some of the music for the game. The music they've done for the GBA/DS series and their Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero albums are amazing. I'd love to hear something that sounds as good as Telos/Physis/Mythos in a real game.

Absolutely excited to see how this turns out and where Inafune takes things from here.

Edited by Crowbar Man

According to the FAQ its Mighty No. 9, because there are 8 other Mighty robots, and Beck is the 9th (They made him 9, even though the original goal was 6 robots, but they wanted the possibility of 8 or something like that). Just like how in megaman there were other robots, and then megaman had to take them down. That's how I undersood the FAQ anyway.

That being said. I threw down for the $100 package, and I am hype as fuck. Can't wait for the beta :)

I also like how his name is Beck and his partners name is Call. Beck & Call LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!ONEONEONE!!! GET IT?!?!?!

Mighty no 9 is based on the 8 robot bosses that were infected and 9 is there to save the day.

People will bitch and complain this isn't Mega Man, yes I too wish it was the Blue Bomber, Mega Man is my favorite set of games/hero period, but I am happy that another is coming along.

We all know this is Mega Man.

Lets be real here though, Battle Chip, Z, Starforce, were all alternates. Completely different, I wouldn't even call them "Mega Man" but they were!

I am sooo happy that the originals are doing it up, their kickstarter is already at 1.5 million, they broke 1 million in a day, so Capcom better see how bad they fucked up, because this is going to make history.

I will probably donate 100$ to get the goodies, even though I wont play it much... I would love to try it.

The creator said he has had many many ideas, but couldn't do them due to restraints, and Capcom seems like a clown shoe.

Honestly I respect and back this dude 100%, LONG LIVE MEGAAAAAAA!!!

People will bitch and complain this isn't Mega Man, yes I too wish it was the Blue Bomber, Mega Man is my favorite set of games/hero period, but I am happy that another is coming along.

So far I've seen nothing but enthusiasm from the Mega Man crowd. I think everyone realizes that Mega Man is dead for the time being. In my fantasy world, Inafune makes a bunch of money during his solo career, Capcom's stock tanks, and he returns Steve Jobs style to revive the company. I wish Iga would quit Konami and go make a Castlevania knock off since Konami appears to be done with the old Castlevania series Iga had stewarded.

Lets be real here though, Battle Chip, Z, Starforce, were all alternates. Completely different, I wouldn't even call them "Mega Man" but they were!

MMZ and ZX are actually pretty good unless you are 100% married to the traditional Mega Man formula. MMZ is actually my favorite Mega Man games. They have 2D twitchiness, high difficulty (if you go for S rank), an awesome soundtrack, and a halfway decent story. ZX is not as good but not terrible either. I'd say they are "real" Mega Man games, just not the classic formula. They still have robot masters whose abilities you steal. Capcom just never seemed to market the games very well in the US. I didn't play any of them until YEARS after their initial release.

Edited by Avatar of Justice