OCR02735 - Mega Man 9 & 6 "Sweet Wet Nectar"

djpretzel

Really smart weaving of the source themes in this arrangement. Those are the best.

We all wrote a part, then wrote another part, and we didn't REALLY edit each other's parts, so it came out surprisingly cohesive. Since I exported the final, I weaseled a lot of Schala in there (0:35 glockenspiel, 2:00 glockenspiel, 3:36 glockenspiel then 3:40 lead guitar too, 4:51 glockenspiel) -- in addition to what you mapped out :-)

Just wanted to point that out. It wasn't mentioned in the submission email, a bit of an easter egg.

Thanks for the kind words y'all! <3 <3 <3

We all wrote a part, then wrote another part, and we didn't REALLY edit each other's parts, so it came out surprisingly cohesive. Since I exported the final, I weaseled a lot of Schala in there (0:35 glockenspiel, 2:00 glockenspiel, 3:36 glockenspiel then 3:40 lead guitar too, 4:51 glockenspiel) -- in addition to what you mapped out :-)

Just wanted to point that out. It wasn't mentioned in the submission email, a bit of an easter egg.

Thanks for the kind words y'all! <3 <3 <3

How did you all add on to the song? Did you share a MIDI file, or project file?

Liontamer wrote a general source breakdown in the judge decision thread, but there are still plenty of instances of Hornet/Plant/Splash/Wily for people to find on their own (in addition to the Schala Brandon apparently put in there). It's pretty dense layering.

We shared a MIDI for the arrangement process. It went through all of us twice before Brandon fixed it up all proper-like.

I think we tossed a midi file back and forth, and whoever's turn it was to write added on to it. We went through a couple waves of taking turns. Then when it was all writ, I imported the midi in Cubase, and the rest is history. :nicework:

Somehow I think we all did 50/50/50, it really evened out with everyone doing a substantial part

Funky! Pretty impressive for three artists to tie in a bunch of sources together in such a neat package. Splash Woman and Hornet Man sure sounded great together (loved that combo) and Plant Man and Wily were handled with some damn good skill. Pretty cool combination of themes.

• 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02735 - Mega Man 9 & 6 "Sweet Wet Nectar"