OCR02736 - Donkey Kong Country "Percussion Hijinx"

djpretzel

I love hearing a bit more live ensemble work here on OCR every now and then. This arrangement had a fun groove to it, and worked surprisingly well despite reducing it to five parts. Not sure about the timing of some parts, and I wasn't too sold by the toms at the end, but otherwise, seemed like a lot of fun!

Hahaha, yeah, percussion emsemble! While I do agree that the first few seconds of the ReMix had some odd moments of everything trying to come together, once they did, it sounded marvelous. Really glad you managed to do both of the sections from the source (I'll call it the sunny and rainy sections, for the folks who played the game and know what I mean). Excellent crisp and clear percussion ReMix, especially for being recorded so long ago.

• 2 years later...

It started out well, but as the track progressed, there seemed to be a decrease in enthusiasm with the percussion. The last two minutes were very boring, as it sounded like a very long fade out until the drums kicked in again at around the 4:31 mark as if to tell people “hey wake up, the song is over!” Nice live presentation, it just wasn't a very compelling performance for me.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02736 - Donkey Kong Country "Percussion Hijinx"