Spring - Einaudi-Inspired Piano Composition

Pl511

FINAL UPDATE:

| Bandcamp Link

And it's finished! Really pleased with how this turned out in the end. :D Hope you all enjoy it!

stats.png

OLD:

stats.png

Just working on this for a friend, based on the brief: "Something light and happy like Spring :')"

Very inspired by the works of Einaudi. Trying to make an effective piece with very few elements is fun. ^^

Edited by Pl511

@Paul: Thank you! :D I find that usually Einaudi's pieces are a bit too devoid of that many different ideas, and in this piece I was aiming to recreate a similar feeling of calm and unintrusive almost 'background' music. As for this piece in particular, I was trying to create to create a quite light and bouncy feel (hence the occasional higher note). I suppose another feeling I was going for was a sort of nostalgic happiness with a few little added minor parts to strengthen out the major areas. As the name suggests, I'm also trying to recreate the basic feeling of Spring (although that might not have necessarily be conveyed so well).

The finished, mastered and everything else version should be done and released by the end of tomorrow. ^^

@liltommyj: Holy shit dude! xD Fancy seeing you here. ^^

Thanks! I worked pretty hard making sure the melody didn't ever clash with the underlying chords. I actually performed each little part in chunks of about 8 measures (I've got a MIDI controller with weighted keys) and then stitched the whole thing together. Because of this, some bits in some areas sound a little too perfect, but I like to think that I did a good enough job to make it sound like a single performance. The main reason I do this is because I generally compose based on recorded improvisations, and without it it's a little difficult to work out a structure due to the lack of ability to add new sections without re-recording the whole piece.

Glad you liked it, man! I really enjoyed your Console Wars thing, it sounded really lovely. :D

Aww thanks, glad you liked it :)

Oh neat, you did an awesome job compiling the parts together, I never realized it was different takes. It's also impressive how coherent it sounds considering the spliced together sections and improvised nature of your composition process.

The (left hand I think?) rhythmic part does sound a little too perfect at times but I think you get away with it as the dynamics make it sound a lot more natural and less sequenced.