Capcom & OC ReMix Announce For Everlasting Peace: 25 Years of Mega Man Album!

Liontamer

They're totally proprietary and their songs come in mp4 format, playable only on iTunes and not shareable. (but, you can convert to mp3 with FreeStudio or other programs) (oh wait, my husband just said you can now convert to mp3 right within iTunes)

yeah iTunes can do mp3 easily

I use it all the time and find it extremely convenient

Isn't iTunes only compatible with Apple products?

no

Not at all. I've used iTunes for years and I'm a Windows junkie, so you should be good with that :)

I figured as much... I don't know anything about iTunes. Can you "take the songs with you" without having an iPod or some form of iDevice? If you use Windows can you basically just play the music in the iTunes program?

I'm glad you're considering other possible avenues of sale

I'm personally holding out for vinyl

I figured as much... I don't know anything about iTunes. Can you "take the songs with you" without having an iPod or some form of iDevice? If you use Windows can you basically just play the music in the iTunes program?

I haven't tried transferring to non-iPod portable players through iTunes, but one thing I did in the past with iTunes purchases was converted into MP3 and transferred them onto my old MP3 players through Windows Explorer. And yes, if you use Windows you CAN play them through iTunes themselves.

I'm personally holding out for vinyl

Lol, though to me an audio casette would be nice :P

Install iTunes -> sell soul to Apple -> buy album -> also buy the Roof Beam Carpenters album while you're at it -> convert to MP3 -> uninstall iTunes

can't get your soul back from Apple tough

Kidding about souls and Apple, but not sure I want to jump through those hoops either. DarkeSword, won't the bitching about iTunes-only in this thread help make Capcom consider other distribution channels? :)

--Eino

Install iTunes -> sell soul to Apple -> buy album -> also buy the Roof Beam Carpenters album while you're at it -> convert to MP3 -> uninstall iTunes

can't get your soul back from Apple tough

Kidding about souls and Apple, but not sure I want to jump through those hoops either. DarkeSword, won't the bitching about iTunes-only in this thread help make Capcom consider other distribution channels? :)

--Eino

Nope. It won't. Because we (i.e. OCR staff) are already interested in pursuing other avenues of sale in addition to iTunes. It's just a matter of us working out the details. So complaining about it is just akin to yelling at fire to keep burning.

Edited by DarkeSword

• 3 weeks later...