Take Up The Cross (Tales Of Phantasia) Remix

This isn't in any relation to the remix itself, but I have something to ask you.

See, like you, we here at OverClocked Remix enjoy making remixes to share with the rest of the community. It may take some balls to pass the panel, but when we do the relief of seeing them get posted really pays off, and what's better is that our work is shown for people to get for free - high-end amateur arrangements for no cost.

Having said that, let me ask this question - do you seriously expect anyone to buy any of your remixes on Bandcamp for a dollar each? I'm not saying they're 'crappy' bad, just arrangement-wise they don't go anywhere and are all the same cookie-cutter trance that reminds me of OC Remix's fledgling days. If you're expecting people to come in here and approve of your work and raise you some money, you're going to have to think twice about that I'm afraid.

Please excuse me if I come off as harsh, but I just find it unusual that in the space of a few days, you'd share off a few finished works, sell them on Bandcamp and share them all here expecting lots of praise. I've seen other OC Remix artists use Bandcamp (Brandon Strader, Benjamin Briggs and Dj Mokram at the top of my head, though there may be others) but have admitted to struggle to raise money regardless of the quality of their music. If you want to sell them, then fair play, but this practice isn't winning me over. Sorry :(

This isn't in any relation to the remix itself, but I have something to ask you.

See, like you, we here at OverClocked Remix enjoy making remixes to share with the rest of the community. It may take some balls to pass the panel, but when we do the relief of seeing them get posted really pays off, and what's better is that our work is shown for people to get for free - high-end amateur arrangements for no cost.

Having said that, let me ask this question - do you seriously expect anyone to buy any of your remixes on Bandcamp for a dollar each? I'm not saying they're 'crappy' bad, just arrangement-wise they don't go anywhere and are all the same cookie-cutter trance that reminds me of OC Remix's fledgling days. If you're expecting people to come in here and approve of your work and raise you some money, you're going to have to think twice about that I'm afraid.

Please excuse me if I come off as harsh, but I just find it unusual that in the space of a few days, you'd share off a few finished works, sell them on Bandcamp and share them all here expecting lots of praise. I've seen other OC Remix artists use Bandcamp (Brandon Strader, Benjamin Briggs and Dj Mokram at the top of my head, though there may be others) but have admitted to struggle to raise money regardless of the quality of their music. If you want to sell them, then fair play, but this practice isn't winning me over. Sorry :(

Calm down, i thought ive put it for free, ive changed it i rushed to put it on site, i dont like soundcloud it sounds better on bandcamp, im not expecting anyone to praise my stuff, i just do it out of boredem, i put it here so i could make some new friends and help others out guess i cant share with others anymore than.

Calm down, i thought ive put it for free, ive changed it i rushed to put it on site, i dont like soundcloud it sounds better on bandcamp, im not expecting anyone to praise my stuff, i just do it out of boredem, i put it here so i could make some new friends and help others out guess i cant share with others anymore than.

It's just that a lot of people do that... they come on here and try to hit the community over the head and it always fails. You can't really sell your mixes here, it's like selling ice cubes to eskimos. Also, don't come in here expecting only praise (I'm not saying you did that). We are a community trying to improve our individual music skills, and we're here to help each other out too. Jump in, share your wips, put on your thick-skin suit and prepare for helpful critiques! Welcome aboard. :)

In no relation to this actual conversation...

Bandcamp streams at 128kbps, which is worse than the original track typically is at. Most people can't tell the difference between 128 and 192, but some of us here can. I can attest to Soundcloud streaming at 128kbps as well. So really, neither of them actually sounds better. It's psychological.

That said, sharing is fine. Just try not to post, say, 4 in a row in less than an hour (I noticed you posted three remixes and one original in around 20 minutes). Post in moderation, and people will believe that you didn't just rush all those songs. Rushing tends to produce results with some mistakes.

Edited by timaeus222

So basically:

A) I came off as furious, which wasn't my intention.

B) My comments apparently scare people off, which also isn't my intention.

C) Every new face wants to help out, and that's great. But even the greats here have received help to get as far as they are at this point.

On that point, if you want your music to sound better without relying on Soundcloud or Bandcamp for that sort of thing, perhaps signing up on Dropbox would help? There's no limitations for MP3 encoding there, and you have 2GB of storage to work with for free. A lot of artists use Dropbox for hosting remixes to send off to the panel or entries for the site's competitions.

Talking of which, the competitions are a good frequent place to practice your skills if you're keen to remix and meet new people, and a lot of artists got their starts through these too. Stop beating yourself up and pay a visit :)

Word. and to timaeus222, True stuff but sometimes it can sound better, i recorded many songs from bandcamp and sometimes it was at 192 kbps but most of the time it is 128 kbps, i rip all my music to flac so i cant tell a differance between 128 to 192 kbps it all sounds the same to me, another reason is i have no space left on my soundcloud and so i used bandcamp, shoulda took the extra time and used youtube. Oh well.

Word. and to timaeus222, True stuff but sometimes it can sound better, i recorded many songs from bandcamp and sometimes it was at 192 kbps but most of the time it is 128 kbps, i rip all my music to flac so i cant tell a differance between 128 to 192 kbps it all sounds the same to me, another reason is i have no space left on my soundcloud and so i used bandcamp, shoulda took the extra time and used youtube. Oh well.

It's still a bit hard to notice that difference, but I tend to notice it more easily if I go from the better encoding to the worse encoding when comparing.

Also, it doesn't hurt to make another soundcloud account. :nicework: