FFIX - Dragonfall (Freya's Theme)

Knoxius

I never thought much of the music throughout Final Fantasy 9 during my first experience with the game, however I decided to once again play it through, and for some odd reason, this particular song really stood out to me. Freya's story is tragic and never really explored in-depth, so I guess the mysticism of it really hit home with me.

For that reason, it seemed a perfect candidate for an arrangement. Definite work in progress; I gotta work on my guitar playing.

https://soundcloud.com/knoxius/freyas-theme-wip

Edited by Knoxius

First off: get rid of those self-deprecatory comments - not a good way to garner attention to yourself. Personally, I think this isn't too shabby. The guitar-pick sounds are SEXY, give it a very organic feel, which is precisely what this track needs. None of that silly dance-music or hard rock shiz - but good old acoustic nostalgia. U MUST KEEP ON WORKING ON THIS DAMNIT.

Destined to be posted on OCR, or not, this is a good track ;)

I never thought much of the music throughout Final Fantasy 9 during my first experience with the game

I just think it's amazing that Nobuo Uematsu himself thinks that FFIX is the best FF, both in terms of story and in terms of his own music. I agree with him. Made me look at it in a whole new light.

• 1 month later...