OCR02745 - Final Fantasy X "Mountain Prayer"

djpretzel

A soothing mix here! You've picked the two best songs out of FF X (or at least some of the best), and I was pleasantly surprised to see how much your take on this grew on me. It's minimalist, to be sure, but it's FULL minimalist, if that makes any sense. You explore the feel and the tone impressively. It's odd; part of me wants more, more buildup, more instrumentation... but that's what I get with most songs here. The other part of me really applauds what you were able to do by keeping things to the core. A unique and pure take on the source!

It's minimalist, to be sure, but it's FULL minimalist, if that makes any sense.

Oh, absolutely. It is a minimalist sounding ReMix, but everything has it's place and fits like a snug little puzzle piece that makes it all whole. DJP said it best, this is perfect peaceful, drifting, meditation music for just letting your mind wander. Wonderful debut, Jordi!

A few of the vocals are somewhat staccato after 1:12. Sounded slightly hasty as if the vocals were recorded before the music was fully written, then overlayed by a bit of audio chopping after finding the vocals to not be quite the same tempo. Either that or the microphone was abruptly turned on and off at the beginning and end of a few phrases for off record breathing, I mean you gotta breathe wile singing haha, which might account for some of the chop.

Aside from that, the song is rather nice, and keeps most of the original's feel.The song has a smooth and complete feel at the beginning, and it fades back into one at the end.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02745 - Final Fantasy X "Mountain Prayer"