OCR Talkback Live! (Saturdays, 9PM EDT!)

DarkeSword

Whatever day works best for you guys really. If I had to choose a time though, I'd probably say stick to 9pm EST. At least on Fridays I wouldn't be able to tune in live if it was any earlier than that because I'll most likely still be at work at that time.

I enjoyed the first couple talkbacks and I look forward to catching more of them down the road.

I would still like an audio podcast. I listen to podcasts throughout the day on my phone, whereas I don't always have access or the inclination to listen to Youtube for an hour or two. To me this makes a fine podcast, I don't really watch the video much. It's just people sitting around.

Edited by Argle

I would still like an audio podcast. I listen to podcasts throughout the day on my phone, whereas I don't always have access or the inclination to listen to Youtube for an hour or two. To me this makes a fine podcast, I don't really watch the video much. It's just people sitting around.

Since I'm kinda in the same boat (I prefer podcasts to watching hour to two hour long videos), let me ask you this: are you able to convert the video to another audio file so you can just plug it into your phone? Quality differences aside (which may be a dealbreaker to some people), that could get you pretty close to being an audio-only podcast without it being one. I've had the past two week's shows on my MP3 that way.

Great show BTW, folks. Been fun to hear what you've had to say.

Edited by Crulex

I missed most of the thinger, glad you guys leave it online so people can catch up later. I tuned in on my phone, but apparently it wasn't playing it live? Then I accidentally hit the back button, and when I went back to it, it was playing from the beginning again (this was at like 9:20pm EDT)

So bleh... it stinks that it doesn't work right on phones. But it's good that I can catch up with it later.

It was certainly cool to see DusK in there, and it was good to hear Fishy talk about FFIX which I'm very much looking forward to. I don't know if it was because I just watched the previous episode yesterday, but this one felt a little rambly. Fun to watch anyway, keep 'em coming!

Edit: It'd be cool to see long-time non-staff remixers join in, Mazedude comes to mind.

--Eino

The question about obscure sources is a good one.. Personally it's very important that less known games get covered, obscure platforms.. It's just plain credible to have as much of the spectrum of video gaming music culture covered as possible. If the site operated on basis of popularity I wouldn't take it seriously as a, hm, cultural actor if that makes sense. I appreciate that the site takes some steps to not make it a popularity contest (no download stats, no favourite threads, ...). I enjoy checking out stuff I didn't know about.

I'm curious though. If you would only remix lesser known stuff, do you think you'd stay less known as a remixer?

--Eino

Y..yes! I knew the answer to the second part of that question obviously, but I don't think it had been covered on OCR Talkback yet, so I thought it would be good to ask for other people who may have been wondering..... ;-)

I think you would probably be less known if you only covered obscure stuff, but I also think an artist's work can speak for itself if people hear it. It's just a matter of people giving something they aren't familiar with a chance, which seems to be more rare, sadly.

Nicole Adams asked whether ReMixers can appear on the show. Hell YES! If you wanna come onto the show and talk about what you're working on, games, music, pop culture, and take questions from fans, we definitely want you on! Just post in the thread that you wanna appear on the show, let us know if you have Friday night 9PM Eastern free (subject to change) and we'll invite you on to be a part!

What about project directors?