OCR Talkback Live! (Saturdays, 9PM EDT!)

DarkeSword

• 1 month later...

I know a lot has been going on lately between MAGFest, Apex, and PAX East, but I'm sure there are a more than a few of us wondering when Talkback is going to resume. I remember you guys were asking for suggestions on what night would be best to move to as Fridays haven't been working out as much lately. I'm fine with whatever night works best for you. I might not be able to catch the whole thing live on Mondays but if that just happens to work best for you, by all means do it.

It might be better to just close it down, and remove it as a perk from the patreon and instead focus on something different that can be done more consistently. It would be pretty easy to make a tutorial series for the youtube channel with different topics being covered by different remixers. I liked OCR talkback a lot but after a while it seemed too self satisfying and wasn't too entertaining

Edited by Brandon Strader

It might be better to just close it down, and remove it as a perk from the patreon and instead focus on something different that can be done more consistently. It would be pretty easy to make a tutorial series for the youtube channel with different topics being covered by different remixers. I liked OCR talkback a lot but after a while it seemed too self satisfying and wasn't too entertaining

Doing a Talkback show isn't a Patreon perk and has nothing to do with it. :lol: Not sure how the show is "self satisfying", but it would be nice to have more ReMixers on; they just usually aren't around on Friday night. We'll be talking to Nutritious and zircon about putting the Twitch channel to some use though.

I was referring to the $100 pledge perk "ASK US ANYTHING - Prioritized Q&A responses, including discussion of any topics you’re interested on OCR Talkback!" Could be something more consistent to put for the $100 pledge level. :-)

And where's them forums and workshop expansion? The pledge level was met for both of those :-o It's actually been a really long time since that forum pledge level was met for the new forums! Just asking cause i will enjoy the new forums as much as I enjoy if not moreso the current forums.

I was referring to the $100 pledge perk "ASK US ANYTHING - Prioritized Q&A responses, including discussion of any topics you’re interested on OCR Talkback!" Could be something more consistent to put for the $100 pledge level. :-)

If we're pitched for Talkback topics, we'll be on it, no problem, but we're not behind on responding to the $100 level peeps.

And where's them forums and workshop expansion? The pledge level was met for both of those :-o It's actually been a really long time since that forum pledge level was met for the new forums! Just asking cause i will enjoy the new forums as much as I enjoy if not moreso the current forums.

Dave's been working on IPB migration for a while, but they're not things where a light switch is flipped at XYZ level, it just helps us get there. djp's definitely in progress on the forum move, then Workshop expansion will be the next big thing. I'm also made some big progress on album retagging, so that should be this year.

That is a some. What does lossless mean for the remixes? Are we talking uncompressed wavs in misposts? Or more like 320kbps mp3s? Just in case that tier is hit, I'm curious to know.

It would be FLACs, since those support metadata. You can always re-create a WAv from a FLAC.

If there's gonna be a talkback tomorrow or on the 27th, consider me ready to defy Daylight Savings to join you guys. :)

We're gonna try for Saturdays and see how that goes, so be prepared for the 28th, possibly earlier then 9PM Eastern U.S. time. Maybe an hour earlier, though it's up to DarkeSword.

• 2 weeks later...