SNES soundfonts for commercial use

Ayotom

Hi guys. I was wondering if I am legally able to use SNES soundfonts for my album I plan on selling. I get most of my soundfonts from here: http://www.williamkage.com/snes_soundfonts I am making a album for charity and the theme of the album is video game style music. I wanted to make a retro 16-bit SNES song using soundfonts. I tried looking for a SNES soundchip emulator but I have had no luck. If I am not able to use this for my album can you guys give me some advice on creating SNES-like music? Thanks!

There isn't a soundchip emulator because the SNES uses samples to generate sounds, not synthesis. Getting that SNES sound requires getting those exact samples one way or another.

I would have thought SNES samples would count as not-really-legal, but others have made and sold SNES albums without any legal entanglements so it might be worth trying.

Really, why do you even bother ?

"Is it legal" LMFAO

Fred, it would be nice if you could both learn English better and improve your standard of posting.

What does this even mean? Why do you even bother WHAT? Asking if something like using samples of game instruments that are not available commercially otherwise is legal is a perfectly reasonable question. What are you laughing at?

Honestly, dude, this response is meaningless. A reasonable question deserves a reasonable answer.

I'm not writing a philosophic theory here so fuck English if you don't understand me correctly when I write a suggestive sentence, I guess it's pretty useless heh?

Now to expend anyway; these were my thoughts;

Why do you even bother asking if it's legal. Do you think Nintendo will sue you ?

Do you think it'll get to their ears ? For a charity CD... CHARITY!

Stop right there. GET READY TO GO TO JAIL for being nice.

Seriously, I mean come on...

I'm not writing a philosophic theory here so fuck English if you don't understand me correctly when I write a suggestive sentence, I guess it's pretty useless heh?

Why do you even bother asking if it's legal. Do you think Nintendo will sue you ?

Someone hasn't seen how companies respond to something that could potentially get royalties.

Even though it's for charity... even it was just something for free, legal issues can happen. Square Enix reacted pretty harshly at first in regards to the FF6 album, I believe, and obviously the album was free.