CONTEST: Art Needed! OCR-Official Exclusive Physical Album - A Taste of OCR (Volume One)

Level 99

Are you a talented visual artist looking for a way to express your love for OCR? Well, there's good news for you! We have just the opportunity you're looking for!

As many of you know, OCR attends many Video Game-related functions and events, such as conventions and music festivals. When we go to these events, we normally sell merchandise and bundle album physicals to make every purchase feel special. And recently, we've come up with an exclusive physical album that will only be handed out in person. It's called A Taste of OCR, and we're starting with Volume 1. The tracklist features a smattering of some of OCR's most diverse songs, showcasing the high level of musical professionalism across a range of games, systems, genres, and musical styles.

We're looking for an artist to take care of the front cover art, the back cover tracklist, and the disc art. The contest entries will consist of ONLY the front cover art. If your entry wins, you'll be asked to do the other two pieces as well.

Staff is currently on a bit of a time crunch since we want to get these ordered and ready before the beginning of next year, so the time line will be a bit tight. Here are the rules for entry:

1) One entry per person.

2) Image should be standard cd cover dimensions (1500x1500 px, 300dpi PNG is a good start. If you need reference dimensions, contact me). Please retain any art you make in the native project format, such as PSD, PDN, GMP, etc so that any potential changes can be made if your entry wins but needs some minor tweaks.

3) The cover should NOT contain any ripped game art or sprites. The artwork shoul be wholly original, except for potentially the use of the OCR logo and title. The OCR title is Iomanoid if you were wondering.

You CAN draw original artwork of existing properties, like Mario, Samus, Kirby, Solid Snake, Sonic, Mega Man, etc etc, but don't use pre-existing art.

4) The cover should include the album title "A Taste of OCR: Volume One" on it.

5) All entries need to be in by 11:59 PM EST October 11th, 2013.

6) The winner will be selected by majority vote of OCR Staff within three days of all entries being collected. The winner will then be announced and contacted for the additional artwork information.

You may hotlink, embed, or upload your file however you wish. Please post entries in this thread for consideration, regardless. If you have any questions, let me know.

Good luck and looking forward to what y'all can come up with!

Edited by Level 99

• 1 month later...

Aww, damnit. I should have posted that we went with something internally. My wife and I actually hosted a photoshoot involving some breakfast and it turned out great (Thanks to Larry's suggestion).

I've been super busy and haven't had a lot of time to check my PMs here, but I like what you did with this, Cherna. Rest assured that we're not stopping just at volume one so keep that image handy for volume two! And anyone else who wants to do one can feel free to do so, but for the volume one we've already got our images :)

Aww, damnit. I should have posted that we went with something internally. My wife and I actually hosted a photoshoot involving some breakfast and it turned out great (Thanks to Larry's suggestion).

I've been super busy and haven't had a lot of time to check my PMs here, but I like what you did with this, Cherna. Rest assured that we're not stopping just at volume one so keep that image handy for volume two! And anyone else who wants to do one can feel free to do so, but for the volume one we've already got our images :)

Oh well, okay. Keep me informed for Volume 2. :)

2/10 would not eat

Looks like you sacrificed meal quality for the sake of making a logo. Is that really what OCR is about? Is that the message you want to send out with this CD? That we can't even remix a freakin' pancake without destroying it?

You have no idea how hard it is to make an EDIBLE pancake that is also that size and shape and have it remain intact from pan to plate without burning it.

Seriously, it took a lot to get that thing good.

Also the bonus is that the back cover is a picture of me eating this in all its gross glory.

So basically what I'm saying is that OCR is about me eating pancakes.

No, in all seriousness, this cover was meant to do two things: 1) satirize the Brink of Time cover in a way that makes it relevant to what we do here at OCR, and 2) have a good bit of fun while still remaining classy. We take individual ingredients used to make one thing and use it to make something else entirely, which we then distribute and devour. And it tastes oh so very very good.