BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume III - History

Pavos

I claim... Deathevan's Theme

Also...is it ok if I use parts of a different source from the same game? :<

Awesome! Yeah sure, like we said: the main focus should be on the boss theme, but it's fine to mix in other sources

Added it to the FAQ since we got several questions about it

EDIT 2

I'm thinking of taking a similar approach to

, at least for a good segment of the track, since this sorta feel would fit the album's bill perfectly >:3 What do you guys think??

Yeah, that fits perfectly! Keep the focus on the creepy stuff and not on the grunt, then you're fine!

Edited by pu_freak

Awesome! Yeah sure, like we said: the main focus should be on the boss theme, but it's fine to mix in other sources

Added it to the FAQ since we got several questions about it

Cool, will do! BTW, I added in a few updates to my first post, prob before you replied, so be sure to read 'em. I just wanna run it past you and the community :P Er...EDIT 2 is what u wanna read. EDIT 1 was moreso for Zoltan and any other metal player at OCR =p

I know, I edited my response in my post :P

D'oh! Looks like you 1-upped me lol.

Yeah, that fits perfectly! Keep the focus on the creepy stuff and not on the grunt, then you're fine!

Sounds like a plan. I guess I'll start with the ground work and try and impliment the heavy metal part last...most likely through a collab of some form as my VST E-guitars are not nearly robust enough to be posted on OCR sadly. :puppyeyes:

I think we should have 2 more BadAss albums going concurrently.

Let's start BadAss: Game Over themes, where the themes need to sound sad or just badass because people have died!

I heard them say BadAss could be picked up by other people, not sure if this is what they meant, but it would be cool.

Edited by Brandon Strader

I think we should have 2 more BadAss albums going concurrently.

Let's start BadAss: Game Over themes, where the themes need to sound sad or just badass because people have died!

I heard them say BadAss could be picked up by other people, not sure if this is what they meant, but it would be cool.

That could be another themed line of albums instead of having the BadAss label though. It's a neat idea!

DUDE! What if we consider Emeralda while under the control of the enemy a villain and you mix her theme in there!? Then between the two of us we've basically totally destroyed the Xenogears OST! Just an idea. I'd like to think they don't mind the same game as long as the themes are different. Man! I totally want to cover Xenogears with you. I mean separately but both of us doing Xenogears. I am open to negotiation about which of us cover which theme. Here's another idea. You do Awakening, I do Grahf, and we both mix them with Id. If you're not interested in all this stuff I'm saying just say so. I'm just throwing out fun ideas. ^_^

DUDE! What if we consider Emeralda while under the control of the enemy a villain and you mix her theme in there!? Then between the two of us we've basically totally destroyed the Xenogears OST! Just an idea. I'd like to think they don't mind the same game as long as the themes are different. Man! I totally want to cover Xenogears with you. I mean separately but both of us doing Xenogears. I am open to negotiation about which of us cover which theme. Here's another idea. You do Awakening, I do Grahf, and we both mix them with Id. If you're not interested in all this stuff I'm saying just say so. I'm just throwing out fun ideas. ^_^

Man, I'm totally up for it! All there's left is for the project directors to agree :D

I want as much variety as possible, so I would prefer for you guys to mix seperate games. However, the more passionate you are about agame, the better mixes you usually make. So... as long as the two mixes use different sources and have a very different approach, but both according to the guidelines (such as one very more orchestral rock/bombasticly epic and the other one creepy and ominous), I'm fine with it.

Also, hakstock should still do Chrono Cross :P