BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume III - History

Pavos

Everything that sounds like "OMG dis gon' be good"

Depends on the style and genre. We can help and give tips if you send a WiP in for instance. :)

Well, that really narrows it down lol.

I have a few people lined up to make this thing really badass; live bass player etc. So before we start going balls out and recording all this stuff, I could send you a MIDI that you can play back with Fruity LCD and tell me if you think the composition is badass enough so far.

Well, that really narrows it down lol.

I have a few people lined up to make this thing really badass; live bass player etc. So before we start going balls out and recording all this stuff, I could send you a MIDI that you can play back with Fruity LCD and tell me if you think the composition is badass enough so far.

Yes, be sure to have us okay with the arrangement before recording, because if you need to re-work the arrangement, it'll be more difficult for you. :)

Hey guys, an important update:

FORUMS: http://badass3.proboards.com/

Yeah, I'm swamped in PM's and since OCR's not really fast with giving us official status, I made our own forums. Nothing fancy, but it'll do the job. It's private (login before you can see the forums and I must approve everybody), so no worries there.

Please, everyone that is part of this project, make an account there and post your WiP there for feedback!

So Argle says he's down for doing the Middle Eastern instruments on this Prince of Persia track I want to do. Haven't had much time to work on it sadly...however, in the next couple weeks I'm upgrading my PC entirely (yay for awesome black friday sales!) and have some days off that I can dedicate to nothing but music and trying to win the heart of this sweet European girl who works in the same building as me.

I'm thinking instead of doing WIPs, since most of this will be done with virtual instruments and my guitar, I'll just send you guys a totally finished track and then we can tweak the details as need be from there. I think it would be more reliable and probably faster than me sending you all a wip and then work or something gets in the way and I leave ya hanging for a while and possibly miss a deadline. It would also prevent my habit of remaking things and changing my WIP a million times before I finally have an arrangement I'm satisfied with.

So Argle says he's down for doing the Middle Eastern instruments on this Prince of Persia track I want to do. Haven't had much time to work on it sadly...however, in the next couple weeks I'm upgrading my PC entirely (yay for awesome black friday sales!) and have some days off that I can dedicate to nothing but music and trying to win the heart of this sweet European girl who works in the same building as me.

I'm thinking instead of doing WIPs, since most of this will be done with virtual instruments and my guitar, I'll just send you guys a totally finished track and then we can tweak the details as need be from there. I think it would be more reliable and probably faster than me sending you all a wip and then work or something gets in the way and I leave ya hanging for a while and possibly miss a deadline. It would also prevent my habit of remaking things and changing my WIP a million times before I finally have an arrangement I'm satisfied with.

That's fine, but you won't get access to the forums or have a claim if you don't send in WIPs. Just so you know

I could add you guys to the front page, but remember that no WIP is no claim.

About the others:

Brandon had a special arrangement since I know he can deliver within a real short period of time and because he functions best that way. I thought a while about this (about its 'fairness') but I decided it this way.

neshead has shown me something on YouTube, but that's not technically an official wip, since it was done before this project started.

And mak and Cherna just have to fear their source if someone else beats them to it ;) On second thought, it might be better to take them off the main page, for clarity

• 3 weeks later...

Slowly but surely more mixers are joining the album and we even got our first completed mix by Lashmush! And damn, it's good! Or Bad... eh... whatever, it ROCKS.

Remember that many of you need to give me an update this month, so I'll be spamming you for updates. And also remember that we won't be postponing this album for mixes that are not finished yet, so you better have a good reason if you can't show us anything ;)

I have a very cool idea for this but I haven't even had time to begin... What is the cutoff date to apply? Other than December 2014 :razz:

That's a difficult question. If someone sends me a perfect 100% done direct-post-quality mix on November 30th, I'll gladly accept it of course. But I'll give you the same deadline as I gave Brandon (to keep the consistancy): from August I'll only accept mixes that are practically done, so probably from March I'll only accept mixes that are substantial (no 30 seconds-long proof of concept, but rather 2 minute WIP with an almost complete arrangement).