BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume III - History

Pavos

You're redoing the Kefka and Sephiroth themes again but not doing Kuja from FFIX? I cry foul!

Nobody's stopping you from doing a Kuja remix ;) By the way, Kefka has never been on BadAss before and the Sephiroth mix is a great spiritual successor to PrototypeRaptor's 'Badazz'. The strenght of BadAss has never been to mix everyone's favorite sources (like most albums based on single game soundtracks do), but to create a great experience for fans of the genre - and it will do so again.

Edited by pu_freak

@Pu_Freak - Track 17 of the first BadAss album: The Sound of a Thousand Voices Screaming in Unison. Yep. He's already been done. :) Your argument is invalid. ;) Make way for Kuja!

As for my skills, I have 0% skills in making anything musical. I've never touched a music program or instrument in my life. :P

Those new arrangements are so great, there's no problem if they've been covered before! :wink:

@Pu_Freak - Track 17 of the first BadAss album: The Sound of a Thousand Voices Screaming in Unison. Yep. He's already been done. :) Your argument is invalid. ;) Make way for Kuja!

As for my skills, I have 0% skills in making anything musical. I've never touched a music program or instrument in my life. :P

Can't believe I forgot Kidd Cabbage's track :o In any case, my other point still stands: It's not our aim to mix every boss theme out there, just to give fans of the genre a great experience. Of course, we don't want duplicates of previous mixes, but the variation in genre of each volume makes for unique takes on the boss themes. And it's always up to the remixer to choose a track he or she wants to mix.

Can't believe I forgot Kidd Cabbage's track :o In any case, my other point still stands: It's not our aim to mix every boss theme out there, just to give fans of the genre a great experience. Of course, we don't want duplicates of previous mixes, but the variation in genre of each volume makes for unique takes on the boss themes. And it's always up to the remixer to choose a track he or she wants to mix.

I want to add that we don't put a tracklist with specfic boss themes to be remixed. People choose the theme they want to arrange and send them to us: we either accept or reject them then. And sometimes, we find some cool tracks on YouTube or the OCR WiP forums, and ask their authors to join the project.

And don't worry, some themes you'll hear have never been remixed before! :)

• 1 month later...
No promises, but I think I'm gonna try and do a solo remix for the volume. Thinking about something from a dark side or... something.

Also, hopefully the gruntilda track can get done before the deadline. I'm hoping!

It would be awesome to have you on the album! We can't have a BadAss without SOME influence of mr. Puga of course ;)

I'm honestly not 100% happy with the direction of Kenta's and my Castlevania track. I dunno, we may continue it, but we may just try either picking a new source (maybe

) or adding more sources. The inspiration is just iffy with this one. Tempo's weird, I don't have a good organ sample, lots of metal on BadAss albums already, etc. Things are much better on the Vectorman remix. Edited by timaeus222

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...