BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume III - History

Pavos

Bah! Still haven't find the time to work on my song for this album. I hope I can find the time sometime a little later on before the cutoff date. My wife suddenly has to live in the hospital for like a month because our baby might be born way too early. Not good. So now I have a lot more things to do and I get be lonely while I do them. Yay! If I do the track, I want to put my heart into it because its a cool overpowered boss with a really cool (hard to remix) theme.

I was gonna suggest someone do Lavos and put some rpgs on this one. But it looks like you guys are 2 steps ahead of me already. Also didn't you do Kefka already?

Lavos is getting covered, and Kefka's a whole new arrangement by another artist.

Yes. I know, that's why I said they were 2 steps ahead of me.

Would the track "Emperor Breath" from F Zero GX qualify as a boss battle theme?

It plays when you race one on one with the villain and it only plays during that part of the game.

In my opinion, it can be considered as a villain's theme, or as a boss battle theme, so that's okay. :) I don't know if Pieter shares the same opinion though, so better wait for his word.

If anyone cares I had some suggestions.

Rocket Knight Adventures - Axle Gear (Stage 7 & Boss Theme) 1:45-3:30

Brain Lord - Giant Roach (Tower of Light & Boss Theme 1) 3:50

Brain Lord - Demon King (Platinum Shrine & Boss Theme 2)

Quest 64 - Mammon (Floating Sanctuary & Final Battle)

Golden Axe - Death Adder (Death Adder)

Secret of Evermore - Thraxx (Bugmuck Swamp & Battle with Thraxx)

Secret of Evermore - Mungola (Puppet Show)

Tales of Phantasia (SNES) - Dhaos (Who is Good or Evil)

Star Ocean - Jie Revorse (Both Sides Case)

Tekken Tag - Unknown (Unknown)

Darkstalkers 3 - Jedah (Fetus of God)

Ocarina of Time - Bongo Bongo (Shadow Temple & Bongo Bongo Boss)

Would the track "Emperor Breath" from F Zero GX qualify as a boss battle theme?

It plays when you race one on one with the villain and it only plays during that part of the game.

Yeah, I share Chern's opinion on this: counts as a boss theme in my book. So go for it! :D

Bah! Still haven't find the time to work on my song for this album. I hope I can find the time sometime a little later on before the cutoff date. My wife suddenly has to live in the hospital for like a month because our baby might be born way too early. Not good. So now I have a lot more things to do and I get be lonely while I do them. Yay! If I do the track, I want to put my heart into it because its a cool overpowered boss with a really cool (hard to remix) theme.

Oh, that doesn't sound good man. I wish you two best and hopefully things will go well :) And if that includes being able to do an awesome mix later on, that's a nice addition

Need more originality! No more Kefka, Lavos maybe, but ehh

I HAVE SPOKEN!

Yeah, like I said: I hope to have more of a 50/50 division of well-known tracks and obscure ones. But I'm personally very happy with the Mario and Lavos ones ;)

And putting you down Brandon! Can't wait to hear what you can come up with :)

Sweet, thanks! What is 08/14? That's August 2014 right? I appreciate it :tomatoface: I never forget the remixes I need to make and frequent reminders can just depress me, when I am tied down and frantically working to meet other deadlines. D:

But I'm trying to get out of that. I want 2014 to be a year where I can focus on personal stuff, so I won't be taking on nearly as much public works. :-o Or like I said, if I do, I want to be able to finish everything within a week or so of claiming (or in a reasonable amount of time).

Yeah that's August :P the Europeans are in charge now, so you'll just have to adapt ;)

EDIT: Alright, everybody SHOULD have gotten feedback from both Chernabogue and me. Hopefully, we'll get official OCR status soon so we can use the forums for giving feedback, which will make it all a little faster

Edited by pu_freak

I'm glad this got started! I might have something for the project, but if I do it'll most likely be later on.

Still glad this is going!

P.S. Brandon, I know you mentioned what I said on the NGI show about BadAss being a line of albums that anyone could continue, I meant it, but I think it'd work netter if there was only one BadAss album at a time, rather than concurrent projects. I don't have a lot of say in that, but it's how I'd want it too continue.

Edited by The Joker

Note to all artists and to people auditionning: don't push for feedback, you will eventually get it. Eino, Pieter, and I are reviewing your mixes each time you send one, so it can take some time, even weeks.

We need to organize, and getting the official OCR status will help a lot. For now, please be patient, because it's far from being easy, and we are 3 people giving feedback.

Thanks! :)