OCR02753 - Kirby's Adventure "Double Rainbow"

djpretzel

VERY nice sound-scape and blend of different sounds. This sounds like a warm cake with hidden caramelized pieces and various flavored chocolate chips hidden throughout, topped with French Vanilla ice cream and warm melted fudge on top. with a side of baked cinnamon apples slices.

might've went overboard with the analogy, but I'm just saying that I love this a lot. From the very beginning I already knew I'd be heavily in love with all the different textures, and by looking at the Remix title I wasn't expecting this kind of arrangement, to be honest. :)

I second that, it is very easy to get lost in. great job. sounds super dope.

I think the guitar is brilliant in the way it was used, and for the rest of the ReMix, I just love the light and airy melody that flows on all around the guitar. It is almost like a cake, light and fluffy for quite a bit of it, then you hit the icing and BAM, flavor. Very cool.

What a surprise! I always listen to the track before reading the description, but yes, I too got lost in this track. Love it. So confident. The arrangement is gold and as a Kirby's Adventure fans even I didn't notice you had blended tracks from different parts of the game. Well done.

I feel so old when I think about vgmusic.com haha. My homepage for years was vgmusic.com/new-files hahaha. The only reason I took it off my homepage was my soundcard had to be replaced and midi sounded crappy with the new soundcard. Ah, those were some funny days.

Thanks for the feedback guys/girls. Though I worked on it a bit last summer right before I submitted it, it's actually older than I thought -- I did most of it as a sophomore in college, and I graduated a year and a half ago! Man, makes me want to get all nostalgic and write an essay about life :-/

Looking back, mmmaybe could've gone with less reverb . . . and maybe a bit less clutter overall. I think the guitar works in context fine, but the first 38 seconds were really the seed of the mix for me. If I could redo everything, maybe I'd continue that smooth, elastic vibe of the intro instead of jump into the synth guitar ideas.

The Kirby's Adventure soundtrack is some amazing stuff -- probably my favorite of all time. So much musicality packed into such short tunes.

And yes, dfcentre, speaking of nostalgia: vgmusic.com is some serious meta nostalgia right there.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02753 - Kirby's Adventure "Double Rainbow"