Mana Khemia - alchemists of al-revis -Homeroom- Metalized

I got bored so i transcribed the homeroom song from Mana Khemia and made it into and metalized version, its the main part of the song, i didn't transcribe it all yet

Note guitars are not real, i don't have a program such as shreddage to do so, the drum are real but each instrument was recorded separately

https://soundcloud.com/zombieslamx6/mana-khemia

Full song but needs a little work.

https://soundcloud.com/zombieslamx6/homeroom-mana-khemia

Edited by AbyssmalIntermission

I'll be the first to say that you're really ballsy going after one of my favorite soundtracks of all time, so kudos.

I'll also be the first to say that your bass is coming in too thick and that you need to play with Shreddage a bit more for the realism to shine.

Your bass is coming to thick, drowning out a lot of the mids.

(Example: Your lead)

I'll be watching your progress and if you need any advice on Shreddage, I'm your guy. (I followed you on SoundCloud.)

I'll be the first to say that you're really ballsy going after one of my favorite soundtracks of all time, so kudos.

I'll also be the first to say that your bass is coming in too thick and that you need to play with Shreddage a bit more for the realism to shine.

Your bass is coming to thick, drowning out a lot of the mids.

(Example: Your lead)

I'll be watching your progress and if you need any advice on Shreddage, I'm your guy. (I followed you on SoundCloud.)

I know, i just put it together i didnt have any mix on it at all yet, i dont have shreddage, id love to have it, i dont got the money for it right now, i dont think its possible to pirate, the beginning part of this song is a tough one to transcribe, but ill do that one some other day, might do A Young Man's Worries into a trance version one day

Careful of what you say, dood.

Andrew is a friend of mine, and pirating -ANYTHING- from Impact Soundworks is out of the question.

I can point you to a free guitar library using kontakt, but please refrain from mentioning anything of the sort from now on.

Got you, im gonna get it as soon as i make more money, ahh i just threw it in there for whatever reason but i have Electricity but it takes up to much cpu and i cant make heads or tales of it, what do you think so far of it?

Sounds MIDI-esque, or very conservative.

There is overcompression while the kick hits. The drums also sound very sequenced and messy due to almost no drum compression and velocity variation for realism. Even if you say they're real, they don't sound real. The dynamics of them are too flat.

It's also likely that your bass is playing sustained downstrokes or sustained upstrokes only... the whole time, which bassists don't do, by the way. They alternate because they're human and humans can't do repeated picking in one direction for all that long before getting hand stress. Constant sustains are also repetitive and not representative of how a bassist would create a "groove". Something to think about, and it really means you can't rush things so much.

Music is written so people can enjoy your creativity and so you can enjoy it too. Don't ruin it by rushing to write a song "just because". Take your time. :tomatoface:

Edited by timaeus222

Sounds MIDI-esque, or very conservative.

There is overcompression while the kick hits. The drums also sound very sequenced and messy due to almost no drum compression and velocity variation for realism. Even if you say they're real, they don't sound real. The dynamics of them are too flat.

It's also likely that your bass is playing sustained downstrokes or sustained upstrokes only... the whole time, which bassists don't do, by the way. They alternate because they're human and humans can't do repeated picking in one direction for all that long before getting hand stress. Constant sustains are also repetitive and not representative of how a bassist would create a "groove". Something to think about, and it really means you can't rush things so much.

Music is written so people can enjoy your creativity and so you can enjoy it too. Don't ruin it by rushing to write a song "just because". Take your time. :tomatoface:

yes i over compressed it to much, just fiddling with what sounds the best,

Drums are real i recorded them from various metal songs, the kick and snare are from where just those hit are present, from an intro fill or a break in the song, the toms are not, the tempo kinda made the drums sound to inhuman, it all was made in fl studio none of it is physically played, yet, just a little something to pass up time, im not feeling creative with my serious stuff, just a jolt of motivation.

i intend to make it a midi for others to fiddle with it, dont know if it would sound good in my "Aggrotrance" format,