Journey To Silius - Stage 2 Trance

neurogen

May I ask you a question, you who listened to it.

While Ive taken in your feedback I noticed noone mentioned anything about the mixing in that of basic bass-mid-treble stuff.

How does it sound? To me it sounds

A. Too loud.

B. Too much sub-bass(0-70hz) not enough mid-bass(70-200hz)

C. Not enough high-mid (2k-8khz)

D. Too much treble on hihat (16k-18khz)

Im asking if this is correct and what is your opinion. Because I tend to get stuck on the general mixing instead of being creative with the actual writing. Which is a huge pet-peeve of mine.. :???:

ps. I do hope you did download the MP3 and not listening on youtube

lol, I didn't talk about the mixing before because I was wearing bleh headphones. :D

Seems like my comments about reverb & those other things can still stand, since I hear essentially the same amount of reverb on these headphones (and these are wayyyy better than those skullcandy earbuds I was using earlier).

It sounds like the frequencies in general are pretty well-balanced. There are a few high frequencies that are clashing between the leads and arps, and the first and most evident example of that is the bitcrushed arp at 0:14. Also, the way the instruments occupy their frequencies can be refined. For example, if your kick was occupying lots of your sub bass, then if you lowered the sub bass there a little bit and had an actual bass sound that reaches that low (that isn't a sine wave sub bass layer), it could sound more pumping. The main thing I'd say is the kick can definitely be stronger through some drum layering and tighter compression, as it's used so much throughout.

The only glaring problem is that the drums can use some variation like I mentioned before, and the part at 2:52 has two lead sounds with nearly the same timbre, and while the actual lead sounds fine, the arp sounds very similar, so it's making the lead blend in too much. Simply tweaking the synth patch for the arp could be sufficient.

Edited by timaeus222

i made the mistake of joining the chat room.

someone started to attack me for no reason, i asked why, and got only ridicule as a response.

I tried talking to this person like a real human being. Saying I also got problems. Its okay I will understand.

But I just got ridiculed by the whole chat room.

This is not something I would like to be affiliated with.

I have already gotten bullied by people my whole life, and I do not intend to get bullied as an adult when I just try to be nice.

I never did anything wrong. I have screenshots to proove it.

I never did anything wrong. Thank you for this . I hope you enjoy it.

good bye ocremix

ps. i would aprreciate if a mod would contact me i can show you chat logs and everything that displays the inhuman behaviour and the overall "haha" behaviour towards me.

i didnt deserve any of this.

i even told my brother to check the chat and see if maybe i had interpred something wrongly. but he also got the same ridicule as me, and i have screenshot to prove that aswell.

Edited by neurogen

They were joking. Don't take them too seriously.

oh okay i just forgot to laugh.

and if the mods really care i have the logs and screenshots to show if "they was just joking"

whatevs im done here

Edited by neurogen

Right, so you're going to up and quit just because there were some jackasses in an IRC channel, even after all the incredibly helpful feedback you've gotten here and the incredibly nice people who have given you their time and effort?

Doesn't seem like that's the best course of action. We'll still be here if you decide to grow up and deal with the internet like the rest of us do.

Give me the logs and screenshots, I'll look into it.

I'm gonna close this thread next time I see it if there isn't any music in it. This is the place for works in progress, not for complaining about #ocrwip (that can be discussed here instead.).

edit: I just deleted two posts because they contributed nothing of value. Don't make things worse, guys.

Thread closed. If you want to reopen it, neurogen, let me know. Also get me those logs, I want to see what happened, whether you're misreading the #ocremix or #ocrwip community or if that community consists of asshats.

Edited by Rozovian

Give me the logs and screenshots, I'll look into it.

I'm gonna close this thread next time I see it if there isn't any music in it. This is the place for works in progress, not for complaining about #ocrwip (that can be discussed here instead.).

edit: I just deleted two posts because they contributed nothing of value. Don't make things worse, guys.

Thread closed. If you want to reopen it, neurogen, let me know. Also get me those logs, I want to see what happened, whether you're misreading the #ocremix or #ocrwip community or if that community consists of asshats.

Actually, send me the logs. I'm actually a mod in #ocremix.