Round Two: Chrono Trigger: Peaceful Days

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCzAPUxFYLxO-sO52BY8SSem3Zj0Yd0JLcQywZv81SnDnaJjFqG8rwvgRU

MIDI

Starts: Oct. 18th @ 2PM

Ends: Nov. 1st @ 2PM

Vote Stage: Nov 1 to 3 @ 2pm

Submit your remix Here when completed.

MISSION STATEMENT

The goal of Compo:MnP is to promote that "meat and potatoes" conservative approach to remixing: this includes the mood and composition of source tunes. It is up to the remixer to create their own personalization, or to simply give it a sound upgrade. Moreover, the compo is a great opportunity to hone your remixing skills and give video game music the respect that is due. A modicum of originality is recommended, but not required.

All competitors and voters must adhere to the rules stated within: Competition Code and Conduct *

MnP Instructions

1. Slight alterations of the source are encouraged, but not required.

2. Covers and Sound Upgrades are permitted.

3. Stay relatively close to the source's mood and notation. Refer to the example tracks for reference.

4. Any genre is acceptable, so long as it doesn't affect point #3 too much.

5. Submissions must be at a maximum of 20mb (keeping in step with ThaSauce's file size max).

6. Don't make any qualitative remarks about your submissions until after the voting stage.

7. When voting, please try to put enjoyability first, but consider production values as well.

Example Tracks:

FF7_RedXIII_Redux,

EWJ_Wormaphobic Disorder, Source

Terranigma_EnigmaOfABrokenSoul,

FF7_SonOfChaos,

SMW_Monstrous_Turtles,

Hitman_Contract_Cleaner,

MISC/TIPS

- When picking a source tune, make sure it has a MIDI to make ppl's lives easier.

- Don't be afraid to collaborate

- In-game sound FX are permitted, so long as you aren't going overboard with 'em ;)

- *Some* source tunes don't have drums or percussion for a reason. So keeping it that way may be the easiest way to retain much of the original feel, such as

and

MnP

Edited by HoboKa

Isn't there some PRC rule, the winner of a contest can submit a mix for the next round but it doesn't count? Is that the case for this compo as well? Did I completely imagine this? :lol: I can't find it in writing anywhere now.

HoboKa will be able to confirm for you regarding MnP.

.. but yes the PRC rule is the previous winner cannot take part in the next round but may submit a bonus mix --probably to prevent someone winning every time. YES I'm looking at you Argle hehe ..

@ DS

fixed the code and conduct title.

@ Argle

Yes you can submit something; it'll just be a bonus track. Nothing wrong with an extra track tho :D

@ Kenta

Well, there's no way for me to enforce any1 from starting their remixing before the compo starts. The due date had to be 4 days after PRC's, so that meant that I had to start this compo on Friday. So I say go 4 it.

Do I submit a bonus mix in the same way as normal? Or a different way? Not sure if I will get around to it, but I will be pissed if I don't.

Bundeslang can confirm, but one time when I had a bonus entry for PRC, I just wrote this in the description:

*BONUS ENTRY - DO NOT VOTE*

I've also seen other instances where people wrote "(bonus entry)" in the actual track title.

Bundeslang can confirm, but one time when I had a bonus entry for PRC, I just wrote this in the description:

*BONUS ENTRY - DO NOT VOTE*

I've also seen other instances where people wrote "(bonus entry)" in the actual track title.

That's true. Writing (Bonus Track) behind the songname will do it. I think HoboKa will mention to not vote for the track as well when the voting stage starts.

Also @HoboKa, you might want to edit the title, since the round already has started.

Edited by Bundeslang

That's true. Writing (Bonus Track) behind the songname will do it. I think HoboKa will mention to not vote for the track as well when the voting stage starts.

Also @HoboKa, you might want to edit the title, since the round already has started.

Yeah I kept on meaning to ask you but I got side-tracked every time lol. I'll remind every1 not 2 vote for the bonus track(s) at the voting stage.

oh and title is edited

@ Argle, do what Bundeslang said if you haven't submitted your track already ;)