Lufia 2 - Sinistral Salvation (Master Mi Remix)

Master Mi

So, kay - used the edit function - and here's the final version of my remix.

I've made some changes for this one:

- reduced the master volume a lil bit

- turned up the bass to make the track more powerful (sounded too weak and flat before)

- removed some strange, nasty noises/distortion effects (was scratching a bit too much at some points in the track)

Original SNES Track >>>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Remix >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrF12u2YeNk

>>> https://soundcloud.com/master-mi/sinistral-salvation-master-mi-remixmp3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Master Mi

Welcome to the dumb world of vgmixing!

It sounds like you're clipping, make sure the volume on the master fader is below 0 at all times or it will distort.

It's not really a remix because nothing was changed (nothing I can tell anyway.) You gotta add or change something....

If you really want to get on the site keep workin on it. Work is how to get good

Yep, that's right.

Except for the lil intro it's more a remastered version than a brand new remix.

But it doesn't mean it has to sound bad 'cause of this (you will see this at my next one, which will sound much cleaner/clearer).

I'm not sure but as I remember I used a lil bit of distortion to make this final battle theme a lil bit more rough (when I created this one I wasn't a member of OCReMix and haven't read the whole submission rules yet - so I didn't really know this).

I'll definitely do the remixes my own way - no matter what the guys from OCReMix will think of it.

But I also want to improve my remixing skills step by step to remix some tracks with a lot more complexity and creativity.

You're right - skill comes with practice.

Thanks for ya honest feedback.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just made some changes in my remix.

- reduced the master volume a lil bit

- turned up the bass to make the track more powerful (sounded too weak and flat before)

- removed some strange, nasty noises/distortion effects (was scratching a bit too much at some points in the track)

Original SNES Track >>>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Remix >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fqE3UP2Ijc

>>> https://soundcloud.com/master-mi/sinistral-salvation-master

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So... this is basically a recording of the original, sped up, re-EQ'ed, and clipping?

That's... pretty far removed from what is done on OCR. I don't think you'll get a lot of feedback. But for what it's worth, this sounds considerably worse than the original to me. The clipping/distortion sounds terrible, the highs are piercing, and the mids are muffled.

If you want to practice your mastering skills without doing any arranging, I recommend starting [thread=44793]here[/thread] instead.

No problem - at least I love my remix like crazy.

I always wanted to make a remix of the Battle #3 theme in "Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals" inspired by the G.M.F. or S.S.H. version of this track 'cause they got pretty much the style I like.

So for me, it was just the right work I did and I'm totally satisfied with the result.

Especially if I keep in mind that this one was my very first remix I've ever made and my DAW experience is about 2 or 3 months now.

So, really no problem if ya don't like my remix - there are also some tracks on OCRemix, which sound totally clean, professional and very complex but I don't really like much 'cause of the style or the music genre the remixers used for the track.

Look forward to my next remixes - maybe there will be a remix even you may like.