Searching games...

Bowlerhat

Good day,

After reading through most of the side issues & feedback thingy I'm pretty sure I'm the first one who has this problem so it could be just my own fault, but I've got trouble with searching games on the website. As in looking for remixes that belong to specific games, not just games. That would be silly. The problem is that I think the search bar is way too picky. If I spell just one letter wrong it just doesn't show anymore. Which means that if I look up The legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, just Wind Waker doesn't suffice. Nor does Legend of Zelda, Wind Waker. I have to spell it exactly right. I think it can't be hard to make it a lot simpler. I know it wouldn't be the end of world if it isnt't possible, but I think it would help a lot of frustrated musiclovers.

Thank you in advance,

Jorik

Good day,

After reading through most of the side issues & feedback thingy I'm pretty sure I'm the first one who has this problem so it could be just my own fault, but I've got trouble with searching games on the website. As in looking for remixes that belong to specific games, not just games. That would be silly. The problem is that I think the search bar is way too picky. If I spell just one letter wrong it just doesn't show anymore. Which means that if I look up The legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, just Wind Waker doesn't suffice. Nor does Legend of Zelda, Wind Waker. I have to spell it exactly right. I think it can't be hard to make it a lot simpler. I know it wouldn't be the end of world if it isnt't possible, but I think it would help a lot of frustrated musiclovers.

Thank you in advance,

Jorik

Searching ReMixes for "Wind Waker" works just fine: http://ocremix.org/quicksearch/remix/?qs_query=Wind+Waker

We can look into it for (way) down the line, but the search tool isn't Google, in that it's not designed to offer results for misspellings, not using spaces, or using commas instead of colons, that kind of thing. It offers results for many alternates like abbreviations ("FF" for Final Fantasy, "MM" for Mega Man), but it has to make sense. If we're missing legitimate alternate or abbreviated names for a game and a search doesn't work, definitely offer it up and we can fix it.

Also, maybe I'm not clear on what you meant, but if you click the word "mixes" under the search box, that will return specific ReMix results instead of just games.

Searching ReMixes for "Wind Waker" works just fine: http://ocremix.org/quicksearch/remix/?qs_query=Wind+Waker

We can look into it for (way) down the line, but the search tool isn't Google, in that it's not designed to offer results for misspellings, not using spaces, or using commas instead of colons, that kind of thing. It offers results for many alternates like abbreviations ("FF" for Final Fantasy, "MM" for Mega Man), but it has to make sense. If we're missing legitimate alternate or abbreviated names for a game and a search doesn't work, definitely offer it up and we can fix it.

Also, maybe I'm not clear on what you meant, but if you click the word "mixes" under the search box, that will return specific ReMix results instead of just games.

Ah, I see. From my experience with it I thought just Wind Waker dindn't work, but after reading your reply and playing around with it a little, I found it a lot less frustrating than first. I guess this is a good example of "things that don't work before you take it to the repairman, but when you're there it suddenly does work" scenario. Wind Waker was just an example, and I didn't actually test it out before using it as an example. I guess this also explains why nobody else has had this problem before. THank you for your time.

Jorik