Breath of Fire 2 - Decadence of a God

Daiko

Hello everyone,

For all you Breath of Fire 2 fans out there (or not), who made it through the tedious as hell final dungeon (you know, take 2 steps, fight...take another 3, fight - and smoke screens didn't save you) and to the last boss, this is for you!

The final battle against Deathevn was epic, emotionally touching, and downright cool. I enjoyed it so much, I decided to take a shot at the remix. :)

Any feedback and constructive criticism is welcome, as I'm still fluid to making tweaks for it.

Thanks and enjoy!

-D

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-j-rocha/d-j-rocha-bof2-decadence-of-a

I find it good ! But is it just me or your guitar sounds really high pitched ? but i think the cause is my crappy headphone ^^

In the beginning, i think the organ hide the sound of your guitar a little.

Overall, i like the bass that begins at 1.09 and how you did not add repetitive drum patterns on the second half of your composition ( you just used some hats ). The organ sound is also great ! I did have a dancing mad feeling while listening to it :P

Hope my feedback was ok !

*HA, And don't mind my english plz, i am not very good at it :)

Hi Mystill,

Thank you very much for your feedback!

For clarification purposes, when you say the guitar sounds really pitched, do you mean throughout the entire remix, or in a particular section?

You are correct about the organ hiding the guitar a tad bit in the beginning, I wanted a smooth transition and not something that was overly aggressive and going to leap out at you. On that note though, I could make a few tweaks if necessary, how many seconds at the start of the guitar does it sound quiet for you?

I am very glad you enjoyed the remix, and it makes me ecstatic to hear that you got that 'dancing mad' feeling, fantastic!

I'd like to hear some of your work too if possible :)

Thanks!

For clarification purposes, when you say the guitar sounds really pitched, do you mean throughout the entire remix, or in a particular section?

It was just after your introduction if i remember well ^^

how many seconds at the start of the guitar does it sound quiet for you?

During all the introduction with the organ.

I'd like to hear some of your work too if possible

First i want to participate in the workshop and forum for a little while to know more people and also, if i want to have feedback, i have to give them myself too ;p